For adherents of all religions and those of no religion

Be honest. Don’t stop to think about the answer you will give.

How do you pray most often?

For me it’s a sign of the cross (in my mind, not necessarily done with my hands) and an unspoken plea.

I pray more or less like you with an added, "O please God help me (whatever). I also bother St Antony A LOT! :slight_smile:

I don’t pray as often as I should, but I usually ask Mary to pray for me via the Hail Mary.

the way muslims pray

wasalam

Can you fill me in? :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsGEWn21mL8

btw, the voice is sorta childish if u get me…
if u want a better one (ie real and not animation then just go on youtube inshallah ;))

wasalam

My most frequent prayer is: “Ok, God-I’ve done what I can here, now it’s in Your Hands.”

awesome and do u pray to God directly or go through some saint? an assortment of saints, some ppl pray to saint george, saint antony, etc. great men but normal men.

wasalam

The chaplet of Divine Mercy, and the Rosary. But more often my plea is "Lord, if it be in your Will, please help me with etc…"
I also say an Act of Contrition before I fall asleep every night…:wink:

When people say St. Anthony here, which St. Anthony are they talking about?

Each morning I “Center Down” and enter into a time of prayer and meditation. This is after I’ve read from the scriptures. I pray that my life will reflect Christ in my life and “mind the Light” throughout the day. I will ask for guidance on a particular problem I may be trying to work out…and I will offer thanks for allowing “one more day” in this world.

I’m pretty consistant during the week of this practice…I might grab a cup of coffee and go for a walk on Saturdays…and then on First Day I’m in Meeting.

**That is a good way, to read the scripture every morning and also to pray to God asking for something. God hears and grants the prayers.

Zaki has posted a good link to show the Muslim way of five daily prayers. That is a good way of mental as well physical and spritual progress. Both body and mind are involved in the prayer. Remember that we all have body and soul.

The only thing I would like to add into the good Muslim way of praying is as shown in youtube video by Zaki PLUS when in prostration, the person should speak to God (Allah) in his own language in his own words and seek the blessings of Allah and any other need that he/she may have.

That speech can be done at any time during prayers. But the best time to speak to God in our own language (Not Arabic) is the time when in sujood (Prostration). One can weep and ask God for assistance of any kind. One may seek help of God in all humility.

Verses of Quran are not to be recited when in Rukou’u (Bowing) or when in Sujood (prostration).**

Most times my prayers are unspoken pleas.

I get in, and fall out, of the habit of getting on my knees before bedtime for something a little more formal. I’m not sure if I am being silly for doing so, or not. :o

St Antony of Padua.

I usually use words when I pray but I ‘say’ them silently in my mind.

I usually pray to Jesus or Our Lady. Sometimes I just say their names or make the sign of the Cross.

How do I pray? Not at all.
I mean, I like talking to myself as much as the next guy, but I don’t have to strike a pose to do it. ::wave:

(The OP did mention those with no religion too)

May God have mercy on your soul.

Just as the China Teapot may have mercy on yours. Thanks anyway :wave:

After that post, I can’t get Madonna out of my head…

:dancing::dancing:
“Come on, vogue
Let your body move to the music (move to the music)
Hey, hey, hey
Come on, vogue
Let your body go with the flow (go with the flow)
You know you can do it”
:dancing::dancing:

Well let’s see if you can get Madonna out of your head when you breathe your last. Arrogance doesn’t win in the end my friend.

Isn’t it more arrogant to assume that there is one invisible person that will judge everyone and send me to everlasting fire for not pledging my love to him…based on hearsay? And isn’t it arrogant to assume that the one person is the god you worship and all the others are wrong?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.