For All Christians

**How do we as CHRISTIANS live a Christian life and grow closer to Christ ?

COMMITMENTS PLEASE **

[quote=Will Pick]**How do we as CHRISTIANS live a Christian life and grow closer to Christ ?

COMMITMENTS PLEASE **
[/quote]

I live in a caring and loving manner, stray from sin and temptation, live in prayer, faith, and though, read and study the Bible, and practice the behaviors put forth in the Bible. Basically in a nut shell.

Thankfully my parents gave me to Christ through babtism when I was a baby, then commited myself through confirmation when I was old enough to reason out my faith. Unfortunately fell away from the church because of secular temptations and an assault of my faith by anti-catholic lies and self interpretation. Thankfully, the seed of faith was planted in good soil and have re-commited myself to Christ and his Church upon earth.

Peace! :thumbsup:

What brings us Closer to Christ: Prayer, Scripture, Fast, adoration, and never miss a chance to recieve Our Lord in the Eucharist!

I concur with prodigal-sun. The way to grow closer to Christ is to actually practice the faith Christ gave to the Apostles and their successors. The Church has provided several means to do it on a daily basis, including daily Mass, and the Liturgy of the Hours, of which there are several simpler versions for lay people. Also, becoming involved in a confraternity or prayer group (usually rosary for Catholics) or a lay order can help us live out our baptismal and confirmation vows. Union with Christ ought to be the goal of our hearts and souls, not merely avoiding the pains of an eternity in hell.

[quote=prodigal-sun]What brings us Closer to Christ: Prayer, Scripture, Fast, adoration, and never miss a chance to recieve Our Lord in the Eucharist!

[/quote]

AMEN! And then living in obedience to Him!

I was saved at an early age, baptised, and now living on the right path. I pray, Worship, do good works for my father in heaven for his kingdom, and read the bible.

Currently i’m trying to learn more about the catholic church and other denominations of protestants

Love one another more than ourselves and love G-d more than that!

[quote=Will Pick]**How do we as CHRISTIANS live a Christian life and grow closer to Christ ?

COMMITMENTS PLEASE **
[/quote]

We live a Christian life by submitting ,surrendering and yielding to His Spirit.We grow closer to Him by spending quality time praying and reading His Word.

i live my Christian life under the love,peace, hope and courage that Jesus gives. I have love to humanity, i have a great peace no matter what happens, i do not let sad thoughts cross my heart coz Jesus’ love fills it and i have the courage that only Jesus gives…i’ve always dreamt of working in charity and Jesus granted me my wish out of a sudden…i watch a Christian channel most of the time when am home…i listen to prayer cds , i go to mass, i pray, i talk to Jesus all the time and he answers all the time…when i think, for example, of a passage that i do not get completely, i ask Jesus about its meaning, and always a priest on the channel answers my exact question either on the spot or later during the day :slight_smile: i dreamt of studying theology in a certain school but couldnt afford it…3 days ago a priest gave me a scholarship to study theology :smiley: i told Jesus that i wished i had more money to give to the poor and you guessed it…no not a lottery but i got a great job offer with a high salary :slight_smile: Jesus always answers us, always, as long as it is for our good. Jesus is always beside us just as He promised…well, am a Jesus freak. :slight_smile: .i think of Him all the time and i tell him all the time how much i love Him and He answers me back…there is nothing like our Lord.

We love you Jesus.

With’’ Obedience To The Leading Of The Spirit Of God’’

The Bible Says ''those That Are Led By God These Are The Sons Of God''

God Bless U All...............in Jesus Name Amen..

my biggest threat to the kind of lifestyle you are implying is addressed by the switchfoot song “I Dare You to Move” they say: "the tension is here between who you are and who you could be"I supose i’ve recognized that i need a couple of things to be moving with christ. Aside from Baptism, and accepting him into my life, I need:
Community. I need other christians to help me up
prayer/bible time every day
some sort of ministry. What good am i if i’m not moving?

I hate myself for ignoring so many of these things. I’d love to have a christian community in school are willing, but it feels like i can’t, either because no one is there in my classes, or no one else wants to be christian with me. I’d love to have bible time every day, but i stink at commitments, and am always in search of sleep with my schedule. And even when ministry may seem my one hope, it seems i am doomed to failure there. I feel as if i’m not good enough, that i will fail anyways and everything is futile.

Sometimes it feels like i’m on the battlefield and i need to defend myself. But then again it feels like i’m so busy trying to defend everyone else that i can’t protect my own body from the flaming darts.
pray for me if you remember. This is the view of a protestant on getting closer to God.

I think the first thing to do is to know what is God’s will for us. We are all unique and God has a special calling for each of His children.
Some are called to fulltime service and others are called to be a sample of His love wherever they are.
It’s like the saying; “Be a lamp in the chamber if you cannot be a star in the sky”.
Of course we are all stars in God’s eyes if we fill and fullfill our mission in life.
I think as Christians, which basically means we are followers of Christ, we should strive to live like Jesus, Who came for love, lived in love and died for love.
If we can dedicate each day of our life to Him, giving Him our dreams, our thoughts, our desires, our hopes and dreams and do what we can to make this world a better place, put ourselves in others’ shoes, walk in humility and try to understand others and bring them to Christ with our sample, the way we live, then we can trust that the Lord can use our lives to touch others’ lives.
'The best guide is the one who shows the way" and the way to another human heart is through our own.
I also believe that we, as Christians, should not only be known by what we stand for but by what we stand against.
There are many opinions and doctrines within the Christian world itself but the main thing can be summed up with the following: “Whatever is unloving is ungodly” because God is love!
God bless you

take up your Cross daily and follow Christ. The most widely read spiritual book, after the bible, is the Imitation of Christ, with good reason. Its title and the simple way of direction it offers answers OP question.

Hey EggforChrist, we are all one community…keep up your fight agaisnt evil power and trust in Jesus, the Kinf of Kings, the Lord of Peace :thumbsup: i’ll keep you and all in my prayers :slight_smile:

Thanks inJESUS, that means a lot from a Catholic brother.

SO, if i can safely create an overview of the previous posts, to be close to christ we
Live in FAITH that he knows what is best for our lives, and will lead us down that path
Live in HOPE that his kingdom will come soon
Live in LOVE for a fellow man(or woman), Catholic or protestant, saved or unsaved

yep you got it

“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.” (James 1:27)

Grace to you,
Paul

[quote=Egg4christ]Thanks inJESUS, that means a lot from a Catholic brother.

SO, if i can safely create an overview of the previous posts, to be close to christ we
Live in FAITH that he knows what is best for our lives, and will lead us down that path
Live in HOPE that his kingdom will come soon
Live in LOVE for a fellow man(or woman), Catholic or protestant, saved or unsaved
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

:blessyou:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.