For all on here who have lost a parent/loved one

I thought I’d start a thread, as I am feeling a bit sad today, thinking about my parents. You’d think it would get easier, the holidays, etc…without them after all these years. They both died within a year of each other when I was 10. I wanted to devote this thread to all of us who miss someone we lost whether it be past, or present…whether it be through death or divorce…or abandonment.

My prayers go out to you all…who struggle with missing your loved one(s). :frowning:

prayer said for you and your parents and mine.
Amen
roonie

For all the souls of the parents of those on this thread, this forum, and all the world, today, yesterday, and tomorrow, that they may be brought to comfort into Your eternal hands, O Lord. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :harp:

Thank you *whatevergirl *and all who will pray , I miss more than I can say my father and my grandparents , is a heavy burden and daily sorrow .
I’m joining in prayers for all missing parents , relatives and friends , for all faithful departed .
Lord of Mercy You has said in the Sermon on the Mount “Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Comfort all CAF members and people mourning in their loss and sorrow . Be our refuge and our strength and lift us from the depths of grief into the peace and light of Your Presence .
Eternal rest grant unto all faithful departed and let perpetual light shine upon them . May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Accept Mary as your mother. She loves you very much.

I’m glad you posted here, and everyone else. The cross has at times been very heavy, but I know that Jesus is carrying it alongside me. But, today was a sadder day than most. I don’t know why. I just didn’t have enough time with them. :frowning:

Praying for you …thank you for putting me in your prayers, as well.

Lord bless each of us here on the forum who lost their parents and are missing them during these holidays . Lord fill our hearts with joy and lift us up and do not allow the enemy to drag us down and be sad and depressed. Lord be with us every minute and love us. thanks to you my LORD, in Jesus’s name, amen . GOD BLESS EACH OF US !, John

God bless you for wanting to help and pray for others out of your own sorrow and loss!

My father passed away when I was ten. It doesn’t get easier for me either. It was 12 years on November 24th since he passed. My prayers are with you and with everyone else.

I’ve been there…somewhat similar situation more recently. No matter how young or old we are - the pain is the same.

***Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, to heal the wounds of our souls.
My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Sacred Wounds.

Eternal rest grant unto them all, O Lord God, and let Perpetual Light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen. May their souls and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.***

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Good post, I to, have lost both Mom and Dad and think and pray for them often.

Will also remember all who have lost their parents and loved ones, especially during these holidays…

Eternal rest grant to them O Lord, and let the perpetual light shine upon them…May they and all the Souls of the faithfully departed, rest in the peace of Christ…Amen

Thanks Trishie…you know, I wasn’t always that way. I used to be very cold about adults losing their parents. It was very strange. Once I became an adult…and friends of mine would lose say an aunt, grandparent…even parent…there used to be this coldness that washed over me as if to say…as least you had them for longer than me. God pointed out to me that I was covetous of what others had…one can be covetous I guess, even when it comes to something like this. :frowning:

It took…oh my gosh…YEARS…to get over feeling like that. I can honestly say, that over these past 5 to 7 years…the coldness melted…praise be to the Holy Spirit…and I can pray for others …no matter what their pain when it comes to their parents’ deaths.

Somewhere in it all, I guess that’s what God wants us to do. Take our pain unite it with His Son’s…and then, bond together with others to help them, also.

God bless…and thank you for your thoughts.

Why doesn’t it get easier, you know? :frowning: You know what has gotten easier, however …is now that I’m a mom…I try to be what I didn’t have, if that makes sense. I also have grown so much closer to Christ, and I may never know the ‘why’ of it…I know that there was a magnificent reason for it. God doesn’t make mistakes, and all those years that I was bitter over it…I must admit that I feel happier than I ever have, releasing the pain to God…and allowing myself the time to just cry over their loss, if I feel the urge.

I also smile when thinking about them.

But, during the holidays…I miss them. I hadn’t a lot of time with them, but they were so special. I wish that I didn’t cry anymore about them. Maybe that will never change?

Praying for you, too Simon…and everyone else in this thread, and on these forums who is saddened over the loss of parents, or loved ones. I hope you find peace and joy this Christmas season.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.