For All Those Who Commit Violence and Cruelty

Dear Friends

There are so many stories and incidents of cruelty and violence each day. Please can we remember that the people who commit these acts have often been victims themselves. Only someone with severe psychological and spiritual needs would behave with such sadism and cruelty. As we pray for their victims, may we also pray for them. May they acknowledge their behaviour and seek help and God’s forgiveness.

This is a difficult thing to pray for but if you can, please offer a prayer for these people. They are also God’s children and He would want them to be healed and to receive them.

God bless you and thank you,
Clare

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

I have had to forgive my abusers to get past
my own issues in life. I even pray for them now.
As Saint Paul and The Church tells us to.
I no longer watch TV any more because it
glorifies sex and violence.

Good Thread, Clare.

God bless you Clare for such a thoughtful prayer intention.I will indeed pray for them and thankyou for starting this

Mother Mary we ask your intercession for all who have committed violence & cruelty
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DanWelshiMac,

Other than connecting my DTV box for the journalism show 60 Minutes this past Sunday, my family has stopped watching TV. For us, more evil than good is seen on it. Catholic radio is what we go to for pretty much all of our media “needs”.

I, too have also forgiven, and am in the process of forgiving others that have done terrible damage to the lives of those that I love, and to myself. I just want to say about this topic that anger is truly a cancer. We will have no peace as long we don’t forgive. This of course does not mean that we must have contact with our abusers. No. It is a spiritual act of the will for our benefit.

poor_clare, I will pray the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows tonight for your intention.

God bless all.

Yes! This is an important outreach to truly needy people. Both victims and perpetrators of violence would really benefit from prayers, so that the cycle of violence can end in their lives. What an important intention to include in this forum! Thanks!

Everyday, I pray for all those who I have hurt in any way as well as for those who have hurt me in any way. As of today, will expand the horizon of my intentions to include your intention to pray for ALL victims and cause of violence worldwide.

Dear Jesus, Healer of woundedness caused by violence in one’s life, have mercy on us!

Mary, Our Mother, pray for us. We take refuge under thy protection, holy Mother of God; do not despise our prayers in time of necessity, but always free us from all dangers, O blessed and glorious Virgin. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Heavenly Father, Have mercy upon our souls, especially those who cause harm to others via sadistic behavior and cruelty. Have mercy Father as they are not aware of your unending mercy. Help them to become aware of your faithfulness to each soul. Let those who are mean and vicious receive you. I have known some violent men from prison who received you and became peaceful, loving men. Locate the worst sinners out there and reveal to them your plan for their soul. Thank you Heavenly Father for your mercy upon these people. Amen

**" Prayer to Jesus, True God "

O Jesus, You are the Son of God. You resolve our problems and respond to our aspirations with unexpected fullness.

As the Son sent to us by the Father, You are the God Who comes to meet us and manifests for us the God Whom we seek.

You are the revelation of God for us-----the full, perfect, and definitive revelation-----God in person.

In You the God-Who-is-far-off becomes the God-who-is-near, the God-with-us, and the God-Who-is-one-of-us, our companion of life’s journey. You alone, O Lord, are the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the Messiah, and the Son of the living God. Amen.**

Holy Mother Mary please spare us from the evils of this world. Ease the hearts and minds of those who are tormented by anger. Please bless all victims and let them God’s peace, comfort and love

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

***" Prayer to Jesus, True God "

O Jesus, You are the Son of God. You resolve our problems and respond to our aspirations with unexpected fullness.

As the Son sent to us by the Father, You are the God Who comes to meet us and manifests for us the God Whom we seek.

You are the revelation of God for us-----the full, perfect, and definitive revelation-----God in person.

In You the God-Who-is-far-off becomes the God-who-is-near, the God-with-us, and the God-Who-is-one-of-us, our companion of life’s journey. You alone, O Lord, are the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the Messiah, and the Son of the living God. Amen.

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Yes God does want their healing. God wants all people to turn to Him and repent. I pray that all those involved in violence and drugs may hear the gospel and believe. Help them to reform their own lives and in time get a better life in You.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mother Mary we continue to pray for the souls and minds of those who commit violent acts. Bring all souls to God

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

:signofcross:
Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.
:signofcross:

***" Prayer to Jesus, True God "

In You the God-Who-is-far-off becomes the God-who-is-near, the God-with-us, and the God-Who-is-one-of-us, our companion of life’s journey. You alone, O Lord, are the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the Messiah, and the Son of the living God. Amen. ***

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Holy Mother Mary we pray for those who are weak in mind and spirit and fall victim so easily to malicious influences. We are all God’s children and so we pray that these children particularly seek his mercy, love and forgiveness and find their way home.

The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

***Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

" Prayer to Jesus, True God "

In You the God-Who-is-far-off becomes the God-who-is-near, the God-with-us, and the God-Who-is-one-of-us, our companion of life’s journey. You alone, O Lord, are the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the Messiah, and the Son of the living God. Amen.***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.