For Amanda, whose fiance John died while talking to her

(I am posting this item in this forum because the people involved are all traditional Catholics and were going to be married at a TLM in April.)

Please pray for my friend Amanda. Her fiance John died Sunday (sudden cardiac arrest) while they were having a conversation at Amanda’s home in Chicago. Amanda is a convert and this tragedy is proving to be a huge test of her Faith. She’s struggling with thoughts of “no all-good God would do this.” Also, please, say some prayers for the repose of the soul of her late fiance John.

Gratia et pax vobiscum,

Go forth, O Christian soul, out of this world, in the name of God the Father almighty, Who created thee; in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, Who suffered for thee; in the name of the Holy Ghost, Who sanctified thee; in the name of the holy and glorious Mary, Virgin and Mother of Godl in the name of the Angels, Archangels, Thrones, and Dominations, Cherubim and Seraphim; in the name of the Patriarchs and Prophets, of the holy Apostles and Evangelists, of the holy Martyrs, Confessors, Monks, and Hermits, of the holy Virgins, and of all the Saints of God; may thy place be this day in peace, and thine abode in holy Sion. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Gratias

That is so tragic…I will keep her in my prayers…I will also pray for the repose of his soul…how old was he?

Horrible. I will pray.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Te decet hymnus Deus, in Sion, et tibi reddetur votum in Ierusalem. Exaudi orationem meam; ad te omnis caro veniet.

Will pray now

He was 32.

May his memory be eternal!
MrsMW

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on John, Amanda and their families.

Oh, Sacred Heart of Jesus we place our trust in you.

I’ll add them both to the request forum at my Parishes Adoration Chapel.

Hail Mary, full of Grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women an blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God. Pray for us sinners.

Now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Urgent prayers for the repose of his soul and for his fiance :gopray2:

I’m renewing this thread because Amanda and John were to get married this weekend. Instead of a honeymoon she’s going to visit his grave. Please keep Amanda in your prayers; she’s having a really hard time with this. Also, please keep John soul in your prayers as well.

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on ur Son

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.