For an idea of what Heaven is like

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about Heaven lately, and to tell you the truth, I am sort of overwhelmed by it. It is as if I am scared of the place. I don’t know how to explain this kind of fear. I really don’t have an good idea or imagination of what Heaven is like. My prayer is this: can you ask God to give myself (and others too) an idea or glimpse of what it is like in Heaven. I don’t have a clue what Heaven will be like and I guess I feel scared thinking about it. Please ask God to give us a good idea or glimpse into what Heaven is like. I have recently decided that my mission in life is to help as many people into Heaven as possible, and I want to have some sort of understanding or idea as to what Heaven is, and what it is like to be there.
God bless you all. Amen.

[INDENT]
Prayer For Wisdom

Father, keep before us the wisdom and love
you have revealed in your Son.
Help us to be like him in word and deed.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN

:crossrc:

[/INDENT]

Hi invisiblewitnes,

Prayers said for you.

May God bless you.

Heaven will be beyond any kind of happiness that one will ever experience. The joys, happiness and gratitude will be so overwhelming as the Holy Spirit will increase this love in you to know how much you were meant for by God. God will take away all of our fears, doubts and worries when the fullness of His Holy Spirit reveals to us this love which is beyond any love. It is said that God will take away all tears and when we are known by God to experience this Fullness of Love the Lord Jesus promised no one will ever take it away from you meaning that God will defend you at the moment when it will count. Heaven can actually start in this life as you receive a piece of Heaven every time you partake of the Lord Jesus at every Mass for it is at the Mass the Lord Jesus deposits another portion of Love as more of the Holy Spirit enters you. As you work with what God gives to you with worthy acts of love and mercy outside the Mass, the presence of the Holy Spirit will increase as well in you, therefore the presence of Heaven also will be increasing in you. The Holy Spirit is the Kingdom of Heaven for the Holy Spirit in His Fullness in you will be that Heaven for you. The Holy Mother of God had this Fullness of the Holy Spirit ever since she was conceived therefore she was constantly in Heaven. What the Holy Mother of God had received for all of her life can also be ours. In the end when our earthly journey is over and we have this Fullness of the Holy Spirit in us we will very much in the same state as the Holy Mother. Look to Mary and the way she is joyful, happy and so full of gratitude and love and this is the Heaven which we will all can imitate and attain to.

Praying for you.

Eye has not seen, Ear has not heard what God has ready for those who love Him.

I imagine it’s pretty amazing! There’s no need to be scared. God died so that we may one day live with Him. Heaven is a gift!

John 14: 1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. 2 In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.4 Where * am going you know the way.”

Joy beyond all joy, bliss beyond all bliss.

Peace*

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I just said a prayer for you. If you read a good Catholic book about Heaven you’ll learn. God bless you.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Heaven is the perfect amount of perfection. You can be reminded of it by a good book, or tv show, or song, or view, or meal, or friend.

Heaven is the perfect amount of perfection. You can be reminded of it by a good book, or tv show, or song, or view, or meal, or friend.

“I plead with you! Never, ever give up on hope, never doubt, never tire, and never become discouraged. Be not afraid.”
“If He asks much of you, it is because He knows you can give much.”

• St Pope John Paul II

Hi InvisibleWitnes!

I know of two books that will help you immensely, as it helped me when I had my own fears…

One is called “The Happiness of Heaven” by Fr. Boudreau.

The second is titled “End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life,” by Fr. Charles Arminjon.

You can get both pretty cheap on Amazon.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.