For an increase in the call to be Brothers, Clerks Regular andthose who are not priests or sisters!

I am asking you to pray for all people great and small, and for those descerning the Brotherhood, and Clerks Regular, along with Holy Orders. That men come to the aid to become Deacons and religious men who show the compassion of Christ through prayer as well as deed.

A PRAYER BY SAINT BENEDICT
FOR SEEKERS OF FAITH
Gracious and Holy Father,
give us the wisdom to discover You,
the intelligence to understand You,
the diligence to seek after You,
the patience to wait for You,
eyes to behold You,
a heart to meditate upon You,
and a life to proclaim You,
through the power of the Spirit of Jesus, our Lord.

Imstead of starting a new thread, why don't you join us in this thread here which has been going on for quite some years now?:)

I believe that the OP is trying to get people to pray for vocations to the male religious life as lived by those who are not ordained. The link above focuses more on vocations to the ordianed.

Maybe you can modify the two threads to pray for vocations to the priesthood and male religious life.

Fraternally,

Br. JR, OSF :)

Thank you JR for responding to my statement....but at most every decade, this is said:

We pray for any CAF members who are thinking of becoming priests or consecrated brothers or sisters

When I pray for vocations for the priesthood and religious life, I am pretty sure God knows everyone I mean. (And even if I don't list it out I am sure that the prayer is answered as God sees fit anyway.) I guess I might be leaving out the clerks regular, (but aren't they priests?) It is good to pray, by lists or otherwise!

[quote="brandy_jo, post:5, topic:206564"]
When I pray for vocations for the priesthood and religious life, I am pretty sure God knows everyone I mean. (And even if I don't list it out I am sure that the prayer is answered as God sees fit anyway.) I guess I might be leaving out the clerks regular, (but aren't they priests?) It is good to pray, by lists or otherwise!

[/quote]

It's funny that you should say about praying by lists. There is a tradition from the early days of the Church to pray what we would call "prayer of the faithful or petitions". We find them at mass and in the Liturgy of the Hours.

In the Liturgy of the Hours there is a distinction in the prayers for vocations to the clerical state (deacons and priests) and for vocations to the consecrated life. Other than that, there are no long lists. Good grief, one would have to spend the day with a list to make sure that you not leave out any group. There are also the secular institutes and the secular orders that we rarely mention on these fora.

Fraternally,

[quote="JReducation, post:6, topic:206564"]
It's funny that you should say about praying by lists. There is a tradition from the early days of the Church to pray what we would call "prayer of the faithful or petitions". We find them at mass and in the Liturgy of the Hours.

In the Liturgy of the Hours there is a distinction in the prayers for vocations to the clerical state (deacons and priests) and for vocations to the consecrated life. Other than that, there are no long lists. Good grief, one would have to spend the day with a list to make sure that you not leave out any group. There are also the secular institutes and the secular orders that we rarely mention on these fora.

Fraternally,

[/quote]

I am asking for prayers for those who will NOT be ordained. You are correct Br. JR. the ''office personnel'' as it were, to the friars and the clerks regular, secular orders and fraternal orders are those for whom I pray right now. Not for priests or even nuns in this thread. Brothers and Sisters, Clerks and Deacons.
I hope the thread did not confuse anyone.
God Bless,
Magdelaine1173

All vocations need prayers. But more prayers for the descernment toward men being friars, secular, lay, and missionary are needed. Priests serve the local parishes but the missionaries and laity, secular orders, Brothers like Br. JR are needed to keep pace with the growing and spreading religious of the CC. Pray also for the sisters of visitation and Sisters of the Poor. They make a big world of difference to the homeless and indigent. Jobless and desparing people who have nothing right now.
Not that the Pope or priests and nuns don't deserve prayer, but don't forget the least of His people, and those who give aide to them. And for the staff to fill the offices to help with the accounting, bill payments, and services to the religious men and women in the Holy Orders and religious orders!! Pray for all vocations and orders. Like Br. JR said there are over 100 of them....the list is just too long to put into a thread!!

God Bless!
Magdelaine1173
:thumbsup:

[quote="magdelaine1173, post:7, topic:206564"]
I am asking for prayers for those who will NOT be ordained. You are correct Br. JR. the ''office personnel'' as it were, to the friars and the clerks regular, secular orders and fraternal orders are those for whom I pray right now. Not for priests or even nuns in this thread. Brothers and Sisters, Clerks and Deacons.
I hope the thread did not confuse anyone.
God Bless,
Magdelaine1173

[/quote]

I am arguing this point, not because it really matters...only because i do NOT understand.

As I have stated, we pray for consecrated men and women...which means religious brothers, etc. Also consecrated women can either be nuns of the cloistered kind or sisters, or lay women! There is no distinction as you point out 'being the least'..

Vocations to All consecrated life...which could mean also lay secular orders like Madonna House. I think that the Lord realizes this. To the sister who works in the slums or in the the pope's kitchen have no distinction in prayers. BOTH are sisters and their souls belong solely to God. One is not 'better' than the other.

All those who are striving for this consecrated life are prayed for in the whole of catholic.com BUT that doesn't stop the Lord using the prayers towards a situation where a priest , brother, nun, sister or lay person that NEED the prayers the most OUTSIDE of the catholic.com world is at His own discretion. I will not box Him to where the prayers should be. We are so finite where He is infinite and sees the bigger picture.

In other words, the prayers are for ALL who have devoted their life to Christ, but especially for those on the forum. AND THERE ARE MANY...i I jsut received an e-mail from a seminarian who was has always been grateful for the prayers that is being had on that thread. It just drws a bit more attention to the fact that prayers shoudl be perpetual. And maybe this is why it is a sticky...it will not get lost in the millions of threads that exist.:)

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.