For Barrack Obama

that he his inauguration go well, and that he helps the US in its time of trouble

Loving God,

I join my fellow Americans in praying for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the life of our new President as he begins a very difficult job in one of the most trying times in our history in the last 50 years. I pray that all who are in leadership positions will lead lives of daily prayer and will find the incredibly important time to listen to your call and to do your will each day. Our country has a sense of optimism that we need to build on and return our country’s values, beliefs, faith, and traditions to a more faith centered culture while respecting each faith tradition’s contribution to the diversity that makes our country great. I am hopeful that economic circumstances and policies can assist in improving the lives of those in most need and that our values will lead us to ensure that the least among us can lead a life of dignity befitting a child of God. I do pray fervently that God the Holy Spirit will reach our new President and all in positions of influence to follow a policy that respects human life from conception to natural death and that the hardness in many hearts towards this issue will be melted by the warm love of the Holy Spirit. I pray that partisan politics can be left behind and all people in positions of leadership will take their responsibility and obligations very seriously and will do everything they can to improve peace in the world, caring for those who do not have enough to eat or a place to live through no fault of their own, for life in all stages of God’s holy plan, for marriage and all traditions that build strong families where God’s plan is lived and loved each day, and to win more and more people for Jesus each and every day by living the example He would have us live.

Lord, we rely completely on you, we have complete faith and trust in you, we offer our sufferings to be joined with those of your beloved Son, and we ask for the discernment and wisdom to follow the path you have chosen for us while we love your people as you have loved us, to the best of our imperfect human abilities.

We pray in the name of Jesus our Lord and Savior.

Amen.

I also pray for our new president as he embarks upon the White House, that God will give him selflessness, true wisdom, compassion and courage. I pray that the weight of this responsibility will draw him deeper into prayer, deeper into Christian faith, hope and dependence on God.

May the Holy Spirit and the gospel guide him

Amen!

May God watch over and guide our new president at the inauguration and at all times…Help him to do what is right in regards to all human life…Give him the strength and faith that he will need for the days ahead of him, as he faces the biggest challenge of his life…May God watch over president Obama’s family as well…In Jesus Name We Pray …Amen…Warmly, LynneMarie

Praying that he is a good president.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Amen.

Praying that the Holy Spirit guides him and that he supports life, not abortion!

Praying for our new president. Prayers especially for him to see the beauty of every human life and protect and promote it from conception through natural death.

Amen!

Yes, lets pray for the spirit to open his heart and mind…in hopes he will be for life of the unborn!

Amen

Amen.

Fom today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Christ is the guardian and shepherd of our souls: he loves his people and keeps them safe. Let us give him praise and with hope and trust let us ask him:

• Lord, protect your people.

Eternal Shepherd, protect our Bishop, N.,
and all the pastors of your church.
Look with kindness on those who suffer persecution:
swiftly free them from their tribulations.
Take pity, Lord, on the destitute
and give food to the hungry.
Give light to legislators,
so that they perceive what is wise and just.
Raise up the dead whom you redeemed with your blood:
make them worthy to join you at your feast in heaven.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Lord God, the day belongs to you and so does the night.
May the Sun of Justice shine always in our hearts
so that we may reach the eternal light where you dwell.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

A PRAYER FOR OUR NATION

Gracious and loving God, we come to you in humble prayer for the United States of America.

Bless Our President, Barrack Obama. Give him wisdom and strength to serve the American people and lead our country in ways that are pleasing to you.

**Bless our Congress. **Instill in them knowledge and understanding to enact laws that protect the sanctity of life – from the unborn to the elderly; and promote the good of all people.

**Bless the people of the United States. ** Make us aware of oour responsibilility as citizens to uphold the principles of life, liberty, justice, and equality.

Send your Holy Spirit upon our beloved country. Make us people of faith in time of uncertanty. Make us people of hope in times of trouble. Make us people of compassion with those who are less fortunate. Make us people of peace in our homes, our communities, our country, and our world.

We ask th is through Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. Amen.

:thumbsup: to everyone.:gopray2: :gopray:

He is in my prayers everyday.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.