For Beatles lovers

At our annual family reunion this year (on my mom's side), we played Rock Band II and Beatles Rock Band. I've always been kind of a fan of the Beatles, but actually "playing" these songs really made me like them. So, I figured there must be Beatles fans here as well. So, here's what I want to know:
1. Favorite Beatle
2. Favorite song(s)
Here are mine.
1: Favorite Beatle: John Lennon. I find his post-Beatles career to be better than everyone else's.
2. Favorite songs:
"Come Together" (I love the bass line in this song and it's just so sweet)
"Get Back"
"Ticket to Ride"
"Revolution"
"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"
"Helter Skelter"
"Let It Be" (yes, I know it's not really a religious song, but it's still pretty)
"I Feel Fine"
For the record, I really don't care for the weird songs, like "I Am the Walrus". They took waaay too many drugs to come up with songs like that.

Though I was just a little kid when the Beatles came on the scene, my older sisters played them a lot so I heard them often.
Favorite Beatle: Paul
Favorite Song: Not a Beatles song, but from Paul - Mull of Kintyre
Favorite Beatles Song that IS a Beatles Song: Norwegian Wood and Black Bird are tied for me.

Favourite Beatle is George - quiet and more introspective (like me) and a really good musician (not like me), although if you scan the songs below there is only one George composition that makes the list. Based on overall musical talent however I might say Paul.

Favourite songs -
Early: "Please Please Me", "I Want To Hold Your Hand", "If I Fell"
Mid: "I'm Looking Through You", "Rain", "I'm Only Sleeping"
Sgt Pepper: "When I'm 64", "Lovely Rita"
Late: "Let it Be", "I Want You: She's So Heavy", "Here Comes the Sun"

Post-Beatles: Ringo: "Photograph"

Favorite Beatle:
John

Favorite Beatle songs:

Cry Baby Cry , Revolution (both versions), Slow Down, Old Brown Shoe, Sun King, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I'm Down, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey.

Post Beatles:

Everything on George's 'All Things Must Pass'.

The Beatles were quite a bit before my time, but I love them to death! My favorite beatle is Paul and my favorite song is Hey Jude. I'm pregnant now and if it's a boy we might name him Jude after the song. It was kind of my husband and my "anthem" the first summer we dated.

Favorite Beatle: George Harrison
Favorite Songs:
[LIST]
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
[/LIST]
[LIST]
Happiness is a Warm Gun
[/LIST]
[LIST]
I'm a Loser
[/LIST]
[LIST]
You're Gonna Lose That Girl
[/LIST]
[LIST]
Norwegian Wood
[/LIST]
[LIST]
She Said She Said
[/LIST]
[LIST]
I Me Mine
[/LIST]

I also think a lot of the more obscure stuff off of the Anthology albums is really cool, like "The Sheik of Araby." That's a really weird Beatles song.
To the poster above who said they didn't like the more "tripped-out" songs like "I Am the Walrus" - did you know John wrote that in response to a class that existed at some University dedicated to analyzing songs by the Beatles? He thought it'd be funny to "sock it to them."

George, because all my friends liked Paul
Ticket to Ride
Michelle
Norwegian Wood, have no idea what it means but we were into esoteric lyrics back then
paperback Writer (cause I was one)

favorite album

Sgt Pepper

1. John
  2. Rocky Raccoon, Norwegian Wood

Paul- IDK why, I like them all but Paul is my favorite.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps- Cause really? Eric Clapton playing with The Beatles? Only freakin awesome!!!

need I mention I am not only a Beatles fan but also a Clapton fan too?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.