For Christians - what would it take

Okay, this forum seems plagued by a plethora of problems, so lets ask ourselves what the problem is, what would it take to get you to convert to islam, and no “I will never” statements.

[quote=But for Grace]Okay, this forum seems plagued by a plethora of problems, so lets ask ourselves what the problem is, what would it take to get you to convert to islam, and no “I will never” statements.
[/quote]

Hi But for Grace,

I fall under the “I will never” catagory, but I have to ask, since you ask, what would it take for YOU to convert to Islam?

Just curious.

It would take jesus to come down from the heavens and say"convert to islam"

[quote=cargopilot]Hi But for Grace,

I fall under the “I will never” catagory, but I have to ask, since you ask, what would it take for YOU to convert to Islam?

Just curious.
[/quote]

It is a fair question. If God came down from heaven, but that would be alittle close minded. A complete and utter disproveal of the bible in regards to the divinity of Christ would be the first thing, not that I think it probable that this could happen, but “if” Islam is correct, then this should be easy.

[quote=But for Grace]Okay, this forum seems plagued by a plethora of problems, so lets ask ourselves what the problem is, what would it take to get you to convert to islam, and no “I will never” statements.
[/quote]

If it were demonstrated to be true I would convert.

But I would say that Joseph Smith has a better claim than Islam. At least he claims to be visited by not just angels but, God as well. BTW, I don’t think Smith was visited by either.

Peace

I’ve never had any serious reason to consider the issue. I suppose it would require that first I lose my faith. I don’t think it would work to try to convert me to Islam as a Christian. It would require that I have relinquished Christianity as true first. Then I might entertain the idea that some conflicting religion might be true.

Also, I suppose I’d have to stop loving Christ. I’ve spent my whole life doing that to some pitiful extent, so, it seems improbable. It would require a world view realignment on my part, what gives glory to God, what God’s plans are, etc.

Since the Koran in the English translation that I have seems strange to me, I don’t think it would convince me that Islam is true. So, I’d also need more Muslim influence in my life. I’d need a way to grasp the culture and the Prophet’s life, which currently I don’t. Mohammad and Joseph Smith for that matter fail to inspire me currently. They are too-too, I guess.

[quote=godsent]It would take jesus to come down from the heavens and say"convert to islam"
[/quote]

according to islamic beliefs, jesus will be arriving soon - he will decend upon the shoulders of two angels in damascus. when? only God knows as the prophecies only mention that this time will come near the establishment of the final hour.

[quote=Pug]Also, I suppose I’d have to stop loving Christ.
[/quote]

why would you have to do that? muslims are required to believe in and love all the prophets and messengers that God has sent to mankind’s various nations. hating any of them would be hating God, as they were His servants carrying out His commands and delivering His message.

[quote=godsent]It would take jesus to come down from the heavens and say"convert to islam"
[/quote]

As Muslims we believe that will happen.

[quote=r.gonzales]why would you have to do that? muslims are required to believe in and love all the prophets
[/quote]

I was not thinking in terms of how Islam recognizes Jesus as a (human) prophet. Yes, if I became Muslim I would love Jesus in that capacity.

I am given to understand that they view the crucifixion differently, perhaps saying it did not happen or it wasn’t him, and do not derive the same meaning from it, hence my mention of world views. The sacrifice and love shown by Jesus in coming down to us and in being crucified comprises a major portion of my understanding of love and suffering. I would no longer love him for these things as I currently understand it. I would no longer love him as the Son of God (via the Christian understanding).

It would represent a complete change.

If my whole life was ultimate chaos with everyone on all sides of me abusing various drugs and if I was on a route of self-destruction, getting a 1.3 GPA and ready to commit suicide. Then finding that once my father and I begin to practice Islam (at the time you couldnt even call us muslims) noticing that all of the druggys gradually leave me alone (essentially leaving myself and my father as a family) and allowing me to distance myself from friends of the same sort, and praise be to god going immediately and hanging out with a new, successful crowd, which let me in, and then it was on the up and up.

Thats not why I became muslim from christian, its why I became muslim from being agnostic.

Even if Jesus appeared on earth and said “Convert to Islam”, I wouldn’t believe it. He would be contradicting himself and could not actually be Christ, but the adversary trying to pass himself off as Christ.

As we believe that God (in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is infallible, His first proclamation about the Church would not have been short-sighted, needing revision after only 600 (or 2000) years.

I can envision no event that would entice me to deny Jesus.

Salaam All;
Jesus (peace be upon him), the Day of judgment, will deny all those who worship him and his mother:
"And behold! Allah will say: “O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah’?” He will say: “Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden” 5:116
"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, ‘worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord’; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things.“5:117
"If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servant: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise.” 5:118

There is absolutely no doubts that the above will happen exactly as it is written.

Salaam.
Joseph.

[quote=Ken.A]Even if Jesus appeared on earth and said “Convert to Islam”, I wouldn’t believe it. He would be contradicting himself and could not actually be Christ, but the adversary trying to pass himself off as Christ.

As we believe that God (in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is infallible, His first proclamation about the Church would not have been short-sighted, needing revision after only 600 (or 2000) years.

I can envision no event that would entice me to deny Jesus.
[/quote]

I totally agree. If someone appears claiming to be my Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ, saying to me that I should stop being a Christian, I would know that this person was the antichrist, that he was possessed by demons, & I would continue to believe in the Christ of the Bible-- the one & the only begotten Son of the Father in Heaven.

why would you have to do that? muslims are required to believe in and love all the prophets and messengers that God has sent to mankind’s various nations. hating any of them would be hating God, as they were His servants carrying out His commands and delivering His message.

If you believe in the Qur’an being the word of God.

Then you cannot believe in Jesus Christ, even as a prophet.

These laws, are completely refuted in the Qur’an.

Allah actually says that you may have sex with women your “right hand” possesses.

The “right hand” is the hand of strength, effectively you may have sex with any woman you capture as booty in war.

This is supported by many ahadith of the Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari collections.
Effectively all those women raped in bosnia, the rapists are not breaking divine law according to Allah.
Here is the sura and ahadith in question

Thus the Qur’an supports the ahadith, the chain is short and the narrators are trustworthy, there is a connection of the verse and the ahadith.

Together, this is unassailable truth that one cannot believe the Qur’an and Jesus Christ.

Muslims do not follow Isa ibnu Allah

Pray, pray hard that God saves more muslims, Please pray so that our bretheren are turned to our “Lord Isa ibnu Allah”

[quote=hawk]Pray, pray hard that God saves more muslims, Please pray so that our bretheren are turned to our “Lord Isa ibnu Allah”
[/quote]

Hi there

You know that you Christians have always maintained that Allah is the moon-god. But your sham god Jesus worshipped the same moon-god and so do you. Here is the proof from your own Bible.

Christians worship the “moon god” Allah.

Have fun reading it.

Regards
Preacher

[quote=Preacher]Hi there

You know that you Christians have always maintained that Allah is the moon-god. But your sham god Jesus worshipped the same moon-god and so do you. Here is the proof from your own Bible.

Edited quoted Offensive link

Have fun reading it.

Regards
Preacher
[/quote]

Preacher,

I dont believe that Allah is the mood-god, its a lie made up by christian apologetics.

However, I do know that Hajar ul Aswad was the “idol” of Allah is pagan arabia, before Mohammed.

Wa’salam
(Am i too kaafir, for an islamic greeting?)

[quote=Preacher]Hi there

Edited link to offensive site

Have fun reading it.

Regards
Preacher
[/quote]

That is sheer filth, & I think that you know it is. For shame.

It would not convert me, but it would have to at least have to start with Islamic apologetics that wasn’t sheer ideological bluster and triumphalism. I won’t hold my breath.

Scott

[/quote]

That’s an impossible question. They do not profess faith in Christ Jesus as the Son of God. Without that which is the first but most important problem with Islam, I most certainly WILL say, “I will never” convert. Add to that the fact that Islam is a Catholic heresy, and you might as well ask why I am not a Protestant.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.