For confidence in new career

I have been praying for months to be open to God’s will in searching for a new (or staying in my current) job. Last week, I received a job offer, and I believe it is in answer to these prayers.

However, since the offer, I have been feeling a great deal of anxiety - to the point of (self-diagnosed) panic attacks - about leaving my current job - not fears that I will fail in my new one, but that I may be fired, or somehow disliked and mocked after I leave.

My head knows that probably the best thing that could happen is I will be fired - it will give me time to prepare for my new work and spend time with my family. My head also knows that if I’m afraid of my co-workers taking shots at me behind my back, I don’t want to work there anyway! But in my heart…fear.

I don’t know why this is causing such anxiety and hesitation for me, again, I believe this new opportunity is exactly what God has intended for me to pursue (by the way, signal graces are very real).

Please pray that I will have confidence instead of fear, joy instead of doubts, and hope instead of hesitation.

Praying for your intention …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I believe in signal graces as well!

Change can be scary and sometimes risky. It’s natural that you could feel anxiety.

Dear Lord I implore You to help to bring about what You see as best for jimg.
Please grant confidence and peace in Your guidance and help.

“Question your friend, he may have done nothing at all, and if he has done something he will not do it again. Question your neighbour, he may have said nothing at all, and if he has, he will not say it again. Question your friend, for slander is very common, do not believe all you hear. A man sometimes makes a slip, without meaning what he says; and which of us has never sinned by speech?” [Ecclesiasticus 1913-17]

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions for jimg521 as he listens to you in prayer and finds the path on the journey of life you have chosen for him. We offer this prayer of dear Mother Teresa on his behalf:

Prayer of Mother Teresa

Deliver me, O Jesus,
From the desire of being loved,
From the desire of being extolled,
From the desire of being honored,
From the desire of being praised,
From the desire of being preferred,
From the desire of being consulted,
From the desire of being approved,
From the desire of being popular,
From the fear of being humiliated,
From the fear of being despised,
From the fear of suffering rebukes,
From the fear of being calumniated,
From the fear of being forgotten,
From the fear of being wronged,
From the fear of being ridiculed,
From the fear of being suspected.

Amen.

May the good Lord deliver you from all your fears and all your anxieties. If you truly believe that the Lord has given you your heart’s desire, then lift up everything to Him and He will continue to be faithful and powerful in Your life. Lift up your worries in prayer. I am starting work myself on Monday. The first ever work that I am undertaking since passing my boards. I know I have a lot to face. For instance, only one out of 6 of us applicants will be taken in as permament employee but I can’t help feeling positive and joyful for the Lord has set out what my heart truly desires. You can’t please anybody as well so let’s just continue to hold to God and continue to praise Him and honor Him in whatever we do. I will be praying with You. Godbless us both as we start our work. C:

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions for jimg521 as he listens to you in prayer and finds the path on the journey of life you have chosen for him. Please bless him, help him to hear your call, and give him the strength and courage to follow through in accordance with your Holy and perfect will. Lord, you often place challenges and difficulties in our lives to help with our formation, please help jimg521 to trust in you and your divine providence.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions for jimg521 as he listens to you in prayer and finds the path on the journey of life you have chosen for him. Please bless him, help him to hear your call, and give him the strength and courage to follow through in accordance with your Holy and perfect will. Lord, you often place challenges and difficulties in our lives to help with our formation, please help jimg521 to trust in you and your divine providence.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Lord, I pray that jmg521 finally takes the plunge and just leaves his old job. Bless him with confidence in such a decision and not panic; grant him joy in making this decision and not doubts; grant him hope for a better work future instead of complacency at a place where the workers don’t even sound so great for him anyway. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

For your intentions…

Dear God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think that I am following Your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe this:
I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You.
I hope I have that desire in everything I do.
I hope I never persist in anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this, You will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it at the time.

Therefore I will trust You always,
for though I may be lost,
and in the shadow of death,
I will not be afraid,
because I know You will never leave me to face my troubles all alone.
Amen

For your intentions…

Dear God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think that I am following Your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe this:
I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You.
I hope I have that desire in everything I do.
I hope I never persist in anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this, You will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it at the time.

Therefore I will trust You always,
for though I may be lost,
and in the shadow of death,
I will not be afraid,
because I know You will never leave me to face my troubles all alone.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.