For discerning upcoming opportunities

Hello CAF

I really need your prayers. I just found out tonight that I have been accepted to be a Totus Tuus Teacher in a Nearby diocese:extrahappy: However, I have to make a big decision. I am debating whether to do Totus Tuus, or whether to enter a Catholic Teacher Corps at a nearby college to get my masters. Now I will not know whether I will have a teaching placement in this program for a while (maybe a month or two), but pray for me that I will discern what God truly wants from me. Also, pray that I may find a teaching job. I would love to get a teaching job so I could do Totus Tuus. If I get an actual teaching job, I can do Totus Tuus, where as if I do the Teacher Corps program I can’t do Totus Tuus.

Anyway, pray for me to make a good decision and pray that God will guide me in the right direction and help me discern.

Thanks

WildCatholic

Praying for you.

Unfortunately I cannot give an opinion as to which option you should take, especially due to the complexity of the situation and my distance from it, but I certainly do pray that you may hear and discern God’s guidance as to which choices you should make and that you may find suitable employment, for the betterment of yourself, your family and all those to whom your work would have an influence. Teaching is a very important vocation, and even more so for Catholics who are teaching the Faith, whether evangelically, catechetically or academically, so I pray that you may appreciate the responsibility placed upon you, but also that you may find the inner peace and trust in Christ to teach to the best of your abilities while ultimately entrusting the souls of your students to Him. I also pray that you may be forgiven all your sins, healed and protected from all your ills and problems, guarded against all evils, and strengthened by the Cross of Christ to suffer all the pains of this world, in yourself and to compassionately suffer with others, for the salvation of all the world. I extend these prayers to all teachers and students in the world, and I ask for the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, your guardian angel, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Cassian of Imola, patron saint of teachers. God bless! :slight_smile:

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The Lord is With Thee,
Blessed Art Thou Among Women
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for Us Sinners
Now, and at the Hour of Our Death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.