For Elena Injured in Accident and Her Father, Paul, So He Can Pay the Medical Bills

Paul and his wife several years ago adopted some children from Russia … one of them being Elena. Elena was driving the family mini-van with her sister as a passenger, swerved to avoid hitting an animal running across the road, and ended up crashing the van after it rolled over three or four times.

Amazingly, perhaps miraculously, Elena was not killed because she was jarred loose from her seatbelt and thrown from the van … otherwise she would have taken the brunt of a nasty impact, as the mini-van finally came to rest on the driver’s side. That said, she was badly injured and it’s looking like she’ll need major therapy and time to heal. More good news in all this is that it looks like she won’t be paralyzed.

Elena’s sister escaped virtually unscathed, with just a minor injury.

Their father’s job situation is uncertain at the moment due to the status of his company in this economy, so he could use some prayers for help with finances, that he may continue to have income to pay Elena’s medical bills.

Paul and his wife have always been devout and prayerful Catholics throughout all the time I’ve known them. Earlier this year, Paul participated in a pro-life fundraiser at the parish downtown that offers the Latin Mass.

Thanks in advance to those in the Mystical Body of Christ who will offer prayers for Elena’s healing and Paul’s career. And also, thanksgiving that the injuries weren’t worse and that lives were spared.

~~ the phoenix

Will pray for this family.

Praying for this family…

Praying for Elena’s recovery and Paul’s job situation and that he be able to pay the medical bills.
Praise God the sister was unhurt.

Heavenly Father, I ask, in Jesus’ name that You will ensure Elena’s continuing recovery, and that You will ensure work and sufficient funds to Paul. Thank You

**[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ†

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

LORD Jesus
Heal and Help Ur Children

Praying for Paul, Elaina and family needs.

Thank you **Harmony1988, Simon X, Gwyn, Trishie, Gail OCDS, jesu1983, ** and FickleFreckled, for the kindness of your prayers.

When I hear of any updates I will let you know. Meanwhile, I think this is a matter for time, patience, and prayers. May God bless you all specially.

:blessyou:

Update:

Saw Elena and her family downtown at the Latin Mass. Elena was going up to Communion, walking on one crutch. I don’t think she was able to kneel, but seemed to be walking pretty well.

Am not sure how her father’s job situation is doing, didn’t see the family after Mass.

In any case, the improvement I saw really looks like good news! Thanks be to God! And thanks again to all you prayer warriors, who are also in my prayers.

:blessyou:

Still praying for Elaina and family; so glad she’s improving! Will pray for continued improvement and financial assist.

Praying for this family.

Praying very hard for her rapid recovery!

Still praying for Elena and her recovery, as well as her fathers financial stability.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.