For forgiveness of priests within the Church

for forgiveness of priests involved in sexual scandals by members and leaders of the Church. The Catholic Church is a beacon of hope in this troubled society, this troubled world. And a part of this is her self-forgiveness, Pope John Paul’s forgiving attitude toward the priests involved in the scandals. If we do not forgive our own, ourselves, how can we hold up hope to others? (I am not a practicing Catholic, but the Church and the possibllity of ultimately becoming a part of it, continues to hold out hope for me and I BELIEVE.)

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Forgive and forget. Address the societal issues that have led to these crimes. Amen.

It’s not easy to forgive those priests. Their behaviour makes it hard to be catholic (and to join the church) especially in countries where we are a minority. It makes our cross a lot heavier to bear. Jesus tells us over and over again about the importans of forgiveness in the Gospels. We have been forgiven so much more than we can ever forgive so we owe God to forgive people who do us unright. So I wish to pray for their forgivness as well.

**Dear Lord make my hart humble and full of Grace so I will be able to forgive everyone who dosnt treat me right. Fill my hart and soul with the Holy Spirit so I can win you the world. Make your Grace and hollyness shine true my body and let me be a witness of your Glory. Amen. **

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women,
And Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now ,
And at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

These priests bring scandal and satan to the very heart of mother church. If these men are not our enemies who is? Therefore we must forgive them as our Christ would. Should we do this privately? I believe some demons can only be exorcised through pray and fasting. On this basis our Bishops and good priests and the two nuns left, led by the Pope should declare a month of penance by the whole church for Christ’s forgiveness to expiate the collective guilt of hiding, moving and secret payouts. Let us take out the beam from our own eye and try to forgive ourselves as we forgive those seeking God in spite of their weakness.

this forum is for prayer intentions,not commentary .

Everyone does make mistakes, and although so many I know dislike the Catholic church so much, I pray for these Priests to make the right decisions throughout the rest of their lives. May God grant these Priests the perseverance they need to help them through the rest of their lives, and for eternal rest after their death. Amen :byzsoc:

Praying hard for their victims.

Here is a link to another thread started in 2011
God bless

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=615627

Lord please hear our prayers for all those who have suffered abuse at the hands of those in a role of authority of your church.We cannot know the horrors they have been through and we ask You would heal them emotionally mentally and physically,May they feel Your deep love for each of them.We pray also for mercy for the clergy who committed these acts and brought scandal to the church.They must have mental illness themselves to cause such horror to another person.Lord You know the souls of all involved and I ask for Your love and mercy for all involved.Please guide us Your church members to know how to move forward in the right way to help all involved and to prevent this continuing.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers.Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying fervently :gopray:

Lord please hear our prayers for all those who have suffered abuse at the hands of those in a role of authority of your church.We cannot know the horrors they have been through and we ask You would heal them emotionally mentally and physically,May they feel Your deep love for each of them.We pray also for mercy for the clergy who committed these acts and brought scandal to the church.They must have mental illness themselves to cause such horror to another person.Lord You know the souls of all involved and I ask for Your love and mercy for all involved.Please guide us Your church members to know how to move forward in the right way to help all involved and to prevent this continuing.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers.Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord, grant healing and forgiveness to clergy in the Church for whatever crimes they have committed and offenses against the Father. With your divine touch, remedy every blemish and wound caused through such sins. Shine your divine light through these souls unto the faithful, that we might taste a morsel of the heavenly glory here in this decayed pilgrimage on earth. Send angels to help with these intentions. Have mercy, Lord, and lead all souls to heaven. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.