For George Soros, Abortion Fight in Ireland may be First Step Against Catholic Countries

Link to article

Wealthy abortion backers could use Ireland as a model to change pro-life laws in other Catholic countries, an apparent leaked three-year plan for George Soros’ Open Society Foundations suggests.

“With one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the world, a win there could impact other strongly Catholic countries in Europe, such as Poland, and provide much needed proof that change is possible, even in highly conservative places,” the document says.

Many may recall the millions from the US spent in Ireland to promote SS rights and SS"M".

sigh :frowning:

George Soros and his hundreds of NGOs and Open Society Foundations should be quarantined from ever entering Ireland. Those noxious, poisonous organizations are like the Typhoid Marys of anti-Christ agendas all over the globe.

I wish rich Americans would stop interfering in countries where they have no mandate.

Money well-spent!

How would you feel if people from *another nation *spent millions of dollars trying to get us to vote in a way you do not approve of?

Me too! Governments are supposed to respect the sovereignty of other nations, and people should too.

:sad_yes:

I wish rich people would simply stop interfering because they think being rich somehow gives them a mandate.

Agreed. Pope Francis had some sharp words for this practice in Amoris Laetitia.

Soros has given 13MM to Hillary Clinton, including 7MM to a Clinton superpac.

People have to change their religious beliefs…

While not happy at all that this man has chosen Ireland as his battle ground, I’d just like to offer a little context: most pro-choice organisations in Ireland complain that the pro-life organisations are funded by wealthy Americans. It does work both ways.

In one sense, since I knew it worked both ways anyway, I’m glad I now have a name to offer pro-choice people to refute their complaints.

The nastiness from the media towards Brazil hosting the Olympics was rooted in Brazil’s abortion laws.

Zika virus made the wealthy powers push even harder to make abortions, not just legal in emergencies, but legal for ‘inconvenient’ pregnancies as well.

But they have been doing it for a long time in this administration, and we may be about to elect a president who is one of the major recipients of it.

I know what you’re saying but in the long run you also lose a potential voting base.

It may seem hypocritical but I don’t necessarily have a problem with that. That was to extend rights to a group that didn’t have them before. This current thing is to remove rights from a group of people that currently have them, a group that has no voice of their own at that.

I’d feel like I always do. That happens every day in America.

At least the motives are out in the open. I guess. Chesterton said that when a society worships animals, human sacrifice isn’t far behind. I recently heard from someone else that when a society worships sex, child sacrifice isn’t far behind.

:doh2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.