For God So Loved the World . . .

John Chapter 13 Verses 34 and 35:
I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Jesus told the people who He loved that He loved them!

Do we do the same?

Are we trying to have love for one another? Are we trying to show that we are His disciples by this commandment?

Is this the most important aspect of our faith?

Great post. My I add this passage, which clearly demonstrates that God’s mercy and love are greater than any human father for his son:

Matt 7

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

No! You may not! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the reply!
It really puts things into perspective. I think a lot of us tend to forget how unfathomable God’s mercy and love are. I mean, He is Love itself, so that should give us a clue! hehe

To ‘love one another’…love won’t do/be the following:

1 Cor 13:4-6
"Love…is **not **jealous
love does **not **brag
and is **not **arrogant
does **not **act unbecomingly
it does **not **seek its own
is **not **provoked
does **not **take into account a wrong suffered
does **not **rejoice in unrighteousness" nasb

does not seek its own, brag…tough ones, reminds me of

Phil 2:3
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory
but in lowliness of mind
let each esteem other **better **than themselves

oh my :ehh:

Mark 10:42-44
Jesus summoned them and said to them, "You know that those who are recognized as rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones make their authority over them felt. But it shall not be so among you. Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you will be your servant; whoever wishes to be first among you will be the slave of all.
(Emphasis mine.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.