For God's grace to forgive those who hurt us

*“When you stand in prayer, forgive whatever you have against anybody, so that your Father in heaven may forgive your failings too.” *[Mark 11:25] But if you do not forgive people their offences, your Father will not forgive your offences." [Matthew 6:15]

Forgiveness

Dear God, You do not merely suggest that we love and forgive each other. You command it. Yet sometimes it is difficult to love, and forgiveness seems almost a betrayal of self or loved ones where offence is terrible. I ask grace to pray for anyone who hurts loved ones or me through misunderstanding, frailty, or malice. I ask grace not to judge anyone for real or imagined injustice or injury.

You know all judgments that I have made in my life since infancy, even those so habitual that I hardly notice. They may contribute to unloving or mistrustful attitude, and thus prevent me from living a life of love, grace and joy.

Every time anyone hurts or angers me, let Your grace remind me to acknowledge my real feelings. The matter may be trivial, but if ignored, my feelings may fester into resentment. Grant me forgiveness that rejects negative feelings and leads to compassion and reconciliation. Heal my lack of love for myself, for any other, and for You. Let me view my flaws and others’ with humility and patience.

God, I forgive and bless anyone who hurts or neglects my loved ones or me. Restore and bless anyone I have offended or neglected. Give them grace to accept my repentance. Procure reconciliation where I am afraid to risk the other’s bitterness or rejection.

Holy Spirit please go to each person I have ever hurt, flooding him or her with God’s abundant gifts of love and healing. Allow us to experience Your love, and help us to accept Your will, Your timing and Your ways. I trust all relationships and situations into Your love.

Lord, may I always forgive those who offend me no matter how bad the injury. May I be generous with the love you have given me and never resist forgiving another. Thank you for the gift of peace, time, resilience, a good friend, and good humor to help heal injuries. May I always pray for my persecutors and love them like you love all of us, the good and bad the same. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Blessing and forgiveness

I forgive you, anyone who ever hurts or judges me. Will you forgive me? Will you forgive my faults that annoy you? Will you forgive what I am or what you judge me to be? Will you forgive my kindly meant mistakes?

Whether or not you have sinned against me by malice of by mistake, I ask God’s help to forgive you, as Jesus demands in order that I too may be forgiven my sins, I must forgive, even if I must wisely avoid you.

In spirit, I kneel to ask forgiveness for righteous choices that involve distress to anyone, or good intentions gone awry. Perhaps you will not forgive or perhaps you will never inform me if you do forgive, yet I mean only kindness to others and to you. If I lose your friendship, I still love and pray for you and those with you.

Some day, through God’s mercy I will enter heaven and will never again make mistakes that cause others hurt, nor will others again wound me. I take comfort that those who cannot forgive or understand my motives must do so then. Until then your judgements of me — as the person, you deem me or the wrong you believe of me—remain until God who loves us can speak some kindness and perhaps even some truth in your heart for me.

“I bless you. I bless your thoughts and feelings. I bless your family, I bless your ventures, and I bless your life.” The power of those words is God’s not mine. I only bless you in God’s name, for He loves you profoundly. I forgive you, where there are things to forgive even if you never acknowledge them and or do not value me even enough to see them. How can I blame you? I place you in God’s care and ask His threefold blessing for you.

Amen! to Trishie’s lovely prayer.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Amen.

Our God, thank You for Your healing love conveyed through others in their solicitude and pardon. Please make these apostles of Your mercy more loving and efficacious for their kindness, and eternally reward them.

Please give manifold recompense and blessing to anyone I hurt in my life, and evaporate any residue of sadness and injury amongst us. Since earth can pressure burned wood into diamond, You the Creator can make treasure for others out of the carbon of my faults and offences against anyone. Let it be so.

In Jesus’ name, please, out of Your deep love for us, pray for others always in me, and for me in them.

Beautiful and Amen!

*“When you stand in prayer, forgive whatever you have against anybody, so that your Father in heaven may forgive your failings too.” *[Mark 11:25] But if you do not forgive people their offences, your Father will not forgive your offences." [Matthew 6:15]

Forgiveness

Dear God, You do not merely suggest that we love and forgive each other. You command it. Yet sometimes it is difficult to love, and forgiveness seems almost a betrayal of self or loved ones where offence is terrible. I ask grace to pray for anyone who hurts my loved ones or me through misunderstanding, frailty, or malice. I ask grace not to judge anyone for real or imagined injustice or injury.

You know all judgments that I have made in my life since infancy, even those so habitual that I hardly notice. They may contribute to unloving or mistrustful attitude, and thus prevent me from living a life of love, grace and joy.

Every time anyone hurts or angers me, let Your grace remind me to acknowledge my real feelings. The matter may be trivial, but if ignored, my feelings may fester into resentment. Grant me forgiveness that rejects negative feelings and leads to compassion and reconciliation. Heal my lack of love for myself, for any other, and for You. Let me view my flaws and others’ with humility and patience.

God, I forgive and bless anyone who hurts or neglects my loved ones or me. Restore and bless anyone I have offended or neglected. Give them grace to accept my repentance. Procure reconciliation where I am afraid to risk the other’s bitterness or rejection.

Holy Spirit please go to each person I have ever hurt, flooding him or her with God’s abundant gifts of love and healing. Allow us to experience Your love, and help us to accept Your will, Your timing and Your ways. I trust all relationships and situations into Your love.

God’s mercy brings freedom

Heavenly Father, Jesus did not judge or reject the sinful Magdalene. He did not reproach her or His foremost friend Peter who betrayed Him. He gave them hope and new life. He commissioned the Magdalene—a woman in a society where even sinless women were of little value—as messenger of His resurrection to His chosen male apostles.

Jesus left no trace of reproach or curtailment of vocation in Peter’s life despite Peter’s triple betrayal and desertion of Jesus in His ultimate ordeal. Jesus had warned, “If you deny me before men, I will deny you before my Father in heaven” but Jesus only required Peter’s triple declaration of love to reinstate him.

Merciful God, if I fear that other persons may not forgive me, remind me that I am easily mistaken about others’ intentions. If anyone rejects me, let his or her judgement call me to humility. If others cannot pardon me, or their forgiveness is conditional, please do not let judgement come to them on my account, only wonderfully bless them.

Like all men and women who follow Jesus, I seek reconciliation and healing. Though I labour to rectify my mistakes and to atone for faults only clearly seen too late, my love and earnest prayer may bear no fruit. Yet how can I blame those who may not forgive! I cringe with shock at my temerity in wounding others. I wish I could wipe away every trace of hurt in them. Please do that on my behalf, dear God.

Our God, please heal me of the wound of having caused hurt to any brother or sister, so dear to You. Let Your love create life-giving relationship between us. Where my defects cause others to become less loving or trusting, I may thereby restrict blessings God wished for them. Bless them extravagantly with infinitely lovely gifts and benefits. Please guide me lest out of loving intention I err again towards anyone.

If an aggrieved impulse taints my contrition, let me remember that You forgive all repentant sin, including mine. In my failure and sorrow, there is peace in knowing that all things depend upon Your love. Only one thing is required; that I accept Your love and mercy and that I extend it to others, whether or not they can respond. It is my vocation to love and pray for them regardless. Bless them in my prayers and Masses.

My efforts are just ordinary choices…daily footsteps over grey pavements, hard wooden seats, prayers snatched out of rambling thoughts, and impulsive hopes for others’ well-being in kindly meant acts that are as likely to be misguided as to be wise. God grant me discernment in my kindness to others, and healing where my impetuous goodwill has caused injury.

I only clearly see the passage of moments and days of my life in a physical world. Therefore God, I give You what I have—my daily efforts, and myself. Help me humbly to receive the freedom of living simply in trust in Your love until death. You may perhaps never show Your face; but please constantly grant me Your strong, loving Spirit so that I rest faithfully in Your tenderness and Your divine will, whatever happens, however difficult—or however wonderful.

Thank You for Your amazing love and forgiveness. Thank You for loving and pardoning me even when others appear unable to forgive as Jesus did. 2004

Trishie what wonderful prayers…
Father it is very difficult to forgive others when they hurt us.So we know how hurt You are when we sin against You.Please guide us to learn to forgive one another properly and that way we will really learn what love is about and be able to keep Your commandments.Please forgive us Father as we strive to forgive those who hurt us.Through Jesus Christ our Lord Amen

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus,forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell
and lead all souls to heaven especially those who have
most need of thy mercyAmen

Father please guide us to be forgiving of one another and tolerant and non judgemental.May we please You by learning to truly forgive one another as You commanded us without holding a grudge.Through Jesus Christ our Lord Amen

Lord when we cannot manage to forgive, we ask You to forgive the offender for us, however many times it takes, and we pray for our offender, that You may touch their souls, and heal them and us.

Forgiveness

Dear God, You do not merely suggest that we love and forgive each other. You command it. Yet sometimes it is difficult to love, and forgiveness seems almost a betrayal of self or loved ones where offence is terrible. I ask grace to pray for anyone who hurts my loved ones or me through misunderstanding, frailty, or malice. I ask grace not to judge anyone for real or imagined injustice or injury.

Our God, I forgive and bless anyone who hurts or neglects my loved ones or me. Restore and bless anyone whom I have offended or neglected. Give them grace to accept my repentance. Procure reconciliation where I am afraid to risk the other’s bitterness or rejection.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Amen
Father teach us how we can truly forgive those who hurt us.Through Jesus Christ our Lord Amen

Forgiveness

Dear God, You do not merely suggest that we love and forgive each other. You command it. Yet sometimes it is difficult to love, and forgiveness seems almost a betrayal of self or loved ones where offence is terrible. I ask grace to pray for anyone who hurts loved ones or me through misunderstanding, frailty, or malice. I ask grace not to judge anyone for real or imagined injustice or injury.

“Question your friend, he may have done nothing at all, and if he has done something he will not do it again. Question your neighbour, he may have said nothing at all, and if he has, he will not say it again. Question your friend, for slander is very common, do not believe all you hear. A man sometimes makes a slip, without meaning what he says; and which of us has never sinned by speech?” [Ecclesiasticus 1913-17]

Our God, thank You for Your healing love conveyed through others in their solicitude and pardon. Please make these apostles of Your mercy more loving and efficacious for their kindness, and eternally reward them.

Please give manifold recompense and blessing to anyone I hurt in my life, and evaporate any residue of sadness and injury amongst us. Since earth can pressure burned wood into diamond, You the Creator can make treasure for others out of the carbon of my faults and offences against anyone. Let it be so.

In Jesus’ name, please, out of Your deep love for us, pray for others always in me, and for me in them.

Father please help us to forgive those who hurt us and may we alwyas seek to do Your will.Father it is hard to forgive those who hurt us and we sometimes hold grudges and we sholudn’t.Father we know it is a big challenge to reallly forgive those who hurt us and we will strive to do Your will.We know we ask Your forgiveness for our sins and that is asking a great deal from You.We also know for us to be forgiven our sins we have to forgive those who hurt us.Help us Father to have the wisdom,patience and strength of character to achieve this.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayer Amen

Forgiveness

God, I forgive and bless anyone who hurts or neglects my loved ones or me. Restore and bless anyone I have offended or neglected. Give them grace to accept my repentance. Procure reconciliation where I am afraid to risk the other’s bitterness or rejection, and when there appear to be no way back.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.