For Guidance Within the Church!

Today I come asking for your charitable prayers, for I have reached a point in my life where I feel I should be doing so much more for the Lord within the Church. When I was a young girl the Lord called me and I spent all my young years all the way into my twenties serving the Lord at a retreat house and my local church. But my parents did not approve of me dedicating so much time to the church, so they moved me to a country side in Puerto Rico where I had very little transportation and I could not adjust to the culture there. To make it short, I went through many trials and a lot of confusion for many years. But I always managed to keep in prayer, read spiritual books and fill my heart with hope. I got married and that brought it’s own trials also, just a year and 1/2 ago my husband converted and did both his communion and confirmtion. It was A LONG ROAD there to say the least, but we got there by the Grace of God. Then I found CAF, and this network has done miracles in my life, it has renewed my spiritual life, it has been a light on my road back to the Lord. Thankfully my marriage is very stable and so is our life as citizens, so now I have this aching feeling of wanting to find my place within serving the Lord again. Being that I have no children, I spend hours praying, meditating, writing and reading spiritual books. But my heart feels that is not enough, that all the blessings the Lord has given me should be paid forward to others.

When I was young and served at the retreat house, I belonged to a group of about six or seven other friends that always stuck together doing our little work for the Lord. For about 20 years we lost contact with each other, until this new yearWe have little by little found one another again and have shared all the ordeals we have all been through. To my surprise, we were all tested in very intense or extreme ways, but always managed to hold on to prayer and hope until we made it out of our trials. One of them is now in the middle of hs preparation to become a Deacon :), another one after recuperating from many trials has become a misionary with her own non-profit organization, other two are now back working in the church. That has brought such joy to my life and a renewed joy for serving. I’m quite private, so I do not need to be up front or doing something extreme. I’m just praying that the Lord guides my husband and I into serving together. I know that the Lord is cooking something for us, so I pray that we are wise enough to listen to His call and answer.
So if you could please pray for this marriage, that the Lord calls us as ONE to serve Him with the same fire and desire that I used to when I was a young girl. I have met my life goals, I have no children, so my wish is to serve Him and our Church until He calls me into His loving arms!!! “Totus Tuo”…I believe is what John Paul II used to say.

Prayer to St. Raphael: Patron of Travelers & Bearers of the Good News

St. Raphael, archangel, you protected young Tobiah as he journeyed to a distant land. Protect all travelers and most especially those who go about near and far preaching the Gospel. Guide and inspire modern apostles who use the communications media to bring the Good News of Christ to many souls. You also brought healing and joy to all you met. Help those who bring the Word of God to souls, that they may be as instruments in God’s Hands to draw many to lives of Christian holiness. We ask this through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

Oh How I hope All goes well within your circle of friends, and God guide you,

Our Father…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Galilea, thank you for this post. It was a joy reading it. I am praying for your intentions and I will remember them at mass today.

Prayers that you and your husband discern where the Lord is calling you to serve. May the Lord guide you and lead you to serve the Church together.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I’m leaving for Mass in a few minutes, and will remember you and these intentions as I pray.

Praying for your intentions

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Lord help us to serve Your little ones.

Jesus, inspire us with gospel love for others. Knowing that each person is Your beloved, we ask that You reveal those who are in need amongst us.

Alert us to those who feel unable to request help or cannot believe in its availability. Alert us to those whose poverty or anxieties make life seem endless struggle.

Alert us to the lonely, unwanted and forgotten ones, anyone whose self-worth desperately needs affirmation.

Bring before us those who suffer disappointment, tragedy, or upheaval, and who need others’ support until they rethink their lives and attitudes.

Alert us to those who are scarred or crushed by sins or guilt, so that through us You may express Your forgiveness, love and acceptance of them, and encourage their reconciliation.

Search out to us those who are in danger of losing their faith if no one shows them Christian love and witness.

Reveal to us anyone whose ability to persevere hangs on another’s kindness, inspiration or friendship.

Alert those amongst us who would willingly serve if they become aware of another’s pain and need. Lead us to share our gifts with others with wisdom, cheerfulness, humility, gentleness and strength. In our dealings with others, let us bring living Christ.

Let those who are incapacitated or suffering offer their difficulties and joys to intercede for love and justice in our community and in our world. Let these blessed-deprived ones, along with all who are prayerful, unite their offering with the service of the prayerfully active, to bring Your kingdom of love amongst us.

Thank You for all healing and compassion that You activate in our hearts for others. We pray to act upon this compassion to assist each other in appropriate and valuable ways.

Thank you all for your prayers. This evening, for the first time in long months, my mother whom had become quite rebellious about her spirituality, talked to me on the phone with great joy about the Lord. Hearing her talk with such enthusiasm about the Lord brought peace to my heart and a greater fire in me to give Him the best of my life.

Prayers are future miracles!!!

God bless you all.

Prayers Galilea…nice to hear about your Mother…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen
:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.