For help with thoughts of despair and suicide

Hi,

I have dealt with a lot of depressive and hopeless feelings and occasionally intertwined with the thoughts of suicide. I don’t plan on hurting or killing myself, basically because according to my faith and even natural reasoning the would cause more suffering to myself and others than practically anything else I could do. But the question comes up to my mind and my emotions every once in a while. I was just praying a Rosary for a recently departed priest friend of mine, and considering my difficult economic and social situation in my life, the thought occurred once again as to why suicide would be of any use. I have a therapist and psychiatrist, so I wanted to ask for prayers for me to gain help from them for these thoughts. I suffer emotional pain frequently and of great magnitude. I guess the one consolation I get is to share in Jesus’ suffering. I am also extremely exhausted most of the time, which may or may not be contributed to by some of the medication I am prescribed. I don’t want to sound like a whiner or complainer, but the mental and emotional suffering I endure, and seemingly endure alone, are staggering. There will be times where I get through a profound and long lasting bout of emotional, mental, and spiritual suffering, thinking it could not get any worse, when out of the blue an even greater burden is placed on my soul. But please offer prayers for me and for any who suffer the same or even worse mental, emotional, and spiritual sufferings. Also, please ask God to give me a great devotion to praying the Stations of the Cross. I love the Rosary, but I need to add to that a devotion to the Stations of the Cross. Please also pray for Joan, Ronald, and Andrew in their sufferings.

God bless all of you and thank you so much for any prayers.

Praying!!!

Praying for you, your health and your happiness.

I was recently at the funeral of a child of a friend of mine who took her own life. All attested to her dignity and courage in dealing with her pain.

I pray that you can be healed and live a full life and not just become a fond though painful memory of those who grieve.

You deserve life.

Praying…

…O my Jesus…

…Hail Mary…

…Our Father…

:signofcross:

praying for yor you . our lady of Lourdes please pray for this person in time of dispair:gopray2::crossrc::amen:

May God bless and help you all. And may St. Michael place you under his holy wings. Amen.

St. Dymphna is the patroness of mental, emotional and nervous disorders. Pray to her often.

I do.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Offering a decade of the Rosary for this intention.

I ask you to say a prayer for me as well, and if I might be so bold, please offer just a small portion, just a moment, of your suffering up for the intention of the salvation of my soul. Thanks.

Lord Jesus Christ, You have willed that St. Dymphna should be invoked by thousands of clients as the patroness of nervous and mental disease and have brought it about that her interest in these patients should be an inspiration to and an ideal of charity throughout the world. Grant that, through the prayers of this youthful martyr of purity, those who suffer from nervous and mental illness everywhere on earth may be helped and consoled. I recommend to You in particular those for whom we now pray

I am so sorry you have been suffering in this way. It’s good that you have a therapist and psychiatrist. I wonder though if you are on the correct medication at the right dosage. I was also plagued by despair and planned my suicide on four occasions but was stopped from following through each time. Since I have been on my current med regimen, I have not once even seriously considered suicide.
I pray that you are receiving the help that is what you need, and that you will find peace in your heart and soul.

I am so sorry you are enduring this. I understand
Praying that you seek out and receive all the help you need.

:gopray:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus.
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen

O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer.
As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son.
Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today,
especially for the sufferings of invisiblewitness, Joan, Ronald, Andrew, and all those struggling with despair.

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer.
We trust to your gentle care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting.
Help all of us, Holy Mother, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever. Amen.

The fact that you are aware of the horror your death would cause is a sign that you will survive this, and I believe you will be saving souls by taking up this horrible cross every day and following Jesus. I lost my daughter to suicide, believe me that my life has been destroyed. Keep working with your doctor and therapist. I know the horror of mental illness, I watched it. May Our Blessed Mother enfold you and keep you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Prayer To St. Anthony Of Padua For Emotional Healing
~
St. Anthony, dear friend and heavenly guide,
be present to invisiblewitnes now,
and let him know your compassion.
Pray to our dear Lord for him,
that he may experience calmness and peace in his emotions.

Help him to grow in faith and hope.
Protect him from all that displeases God,
and obtain for him serenity of mind and spirit.

We place all my confidence in you, St. Anthony,
and we pray for mercy,
grace and God’s gently goodness.

Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, You have willed that St. Dymphna should be invoked by thousands of clients as the patroness of nervous and mental disease and have brought it about that her interest in these patients should be an inspiration to and an ideal of charity throughout the world. Grant that, through the prayers of this youthful martyr of purity, those who suffer from nervous and mental illness everywhere on earth may be helped and consoled. I recommend to You in particular those for whom we now pray

Amen

Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
Amen

Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.