For imminent (but positive) sign about P and I's future together

I pray for an imminent sign from the Lord about P. and our future as a couple. I pray it is a positive, exciting sign. I pray strongly that P. is truly genuine and is who he appears to be, and that I haven’t just idealized him or been unrealistic. If it IS part of God’s plan, I pray that we soon are truly in love with each other, and all obstacles to our love are removed permanently. If it is NOT God’s will, I pray for total protection of my heart and feelings from any hurt and pain.

Unrealistic prayer, I’m afraid. If you want to flutter near to the flame, you gotta risk getting your wings singed. That’s life, thems the rules :wink:

[INDENT]Daily Prayer for the Vocation of Marriage
*Diocese of Worcester, Mass. *

Heavenly Father, through the intercession of the Holy Family, help us treasure the gift of marriage that reflects the love of Christ for the Church, where the self-giving love of husband and wife unites them more perfectly and cooperates in your plan for new life created in your image.

Help us support men and women in their vocation of marriage, especially in difficult times when they join their sufferings to the Cross. Help us uphold the institution of marriage in our society as the place where love is nurtured and family life begins. Help us acknowledge that our future depends on this love and your providential care for us. Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

:crossrc:

P.S. I do agree with philial that it is impossible to be involved in a potential romantic relationship without getting one’s feelings hurt – although I certainly wish the best for you.

[/INDENT]

**Blessed Saint Gabriel, Archangel
We beseech you to intercede for us at the throne of divine mercy:
As you announced the mystery of the Incarnation to Mary,
so through your prayers
may we receive strength of faith and courage of spirit,
and thus find favour with God
and redemption through Christ Our Lord.
May we sing the praise of God our Saviour
with the angels and saints in heaven
forever and ever.

Amen.**

Praying

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I have to concur with Philial. God gave you the gift of discernment for these matters.

Prayerful discernment is the ordinary form; an external sign, while not impossible, is an extraordinary gift that should not be expected.

Praying for God’s will to be.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.