For me and my family

Hello, Prayer Warriors. I’m sorry I’ve been absent from the forums for so long. I’ve been going through a dark night of the soul. I ask for prayers for myself for that and for physical and emotional pain. I am still in remission from the cancer, but the tiredness has not let up. I’m told it will take a long time. Impatience makes the tiredness worse.

My son is going through a hell on earth with problems with his wife. And I worry about the children I won’t go into it, but it’s bad, and his wife needs prayers, too. Especially to come back to Our Lord and leave the sins behind. And for the children to be protected from evil influences.

I’m so far away, all I can do is pray and talk on the phone to them. I love them all so much, it is breaking my heart.

I still pray for all here who need prayers, and for those of you I know by name. God bless you. Knowing you are all here praying for people is such a comfort.

Oh…a bit of good news. John who had a stroke, is doing better. He can walk, if unsteadily with help, and talk, but that is not always understandable. But it’s a step forward. He’s been in the hospital for a long time. It’s good to know that he’s moving forward.

God bless!

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Let us celebrate Christ’s goodness and wisdom. We can see him in every one of our brethren, and love him; especially in those who are suffering. Let us pray to him urgently:
– Lord, make us perfect in love.

This morning we honour your resurrection once more,
and wish for everyone the effects of your Redemption.

Lord, grant that we may bear witness to you today
and through you offer a holy sacrifice acceptable to the Father.

Make us see your image in everyone we meet,
and serve you by tending to their needs.

Christ, you are the true vine and we are your branches:
grant that we may remain with you, bearing abundant fruit and giving glory to God the Father.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

May our mouths praise you, O Lord. May our souls and our lives give you praise.
It is by your gift that we have life:
may the whole act of living be our gift to you.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

May the Lord bless us and keep us from all harm; and may he lead us to eternal life.
A M E N

Thank you, Phoenix!

You’re in my prayers Baptista…I plan to dedicate today, a decade of the Rosary for those who are suffering on CAF, in some way. May God lift your spirits, and heal you in body, mind and spirit, very soon. :hug1:

Peggy, apart from your own suffering, it’s just so dreadful when one’s children and their families are suffering, almost more than one can bear sometimes, isn’t it.
I’l keep you and your son, and his family, in my prayers.
:grouphug:

Dear Baptista,
I’m sorry to hear of all your sorrows. I will pray right now for you and your loved ones. You have always prayed for me. I wish I could do more. Hang in there. We’re all here for you.

Blessings,
Judi

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer and petition our intentions on behalf of Peggy and her family, that you would grant your mercy, blessings, and a strong faith to all in accordance with your Holy and perfect will. Please help reduce the anxiety and worry in these lives, and help each one to feel the unconditional love you have for them. Please help each one connect their situation and actions of the day to the plan you have for their lives by helping them to listen to you through prayer and the example of others. Our friend Peggy has been suffering, and we ask for your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to be with her as she carries out her ministry to the family and takes care of her personal needs as well.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who is our Lord and Savior, yesterday, today, and for all eternity.

Amen.

Loving God, we offer this special prayer for our friend Peggy:

O Good Jesus:
Word of the eternal Father, convert me.
Son of Mary, take me as her child.
My Master, teach me.
Prince of peace, give me peace.
My Refuge, receive me.
My Shepherd, feed my soul.
Model of patience, comfort me.
Meek and humble of heart, help me to become like You.
My Redeemer, save me.
My God and my All, possess me.
The true Way, direct me.
Eternal Truth, instruct me.
Life of the saints, make me live in You.
My Support, strengthen me.
My Justice, justify me.
My Mediator with the Father, reconcile me.
Physician of my soul, heal me.
My Judge, pardon me.
My King, rule me.
My Sanctification, sanctify me.
Abyss of goodness, pardon me.
Living Bread of heaven, feed me.
Father of the prodigal, receive me.
Joy of my soul, be my only happiness.
My Helper, assist me.
Magnet of love, draw me.
My Protector, defend me.
My Hope, sustain me.
Object of my love, unite me to Yourself.
Fountain of life, refresh me.
My Divine Victim, atone for me.
My Last End, let me possess You.
My Glory, glorify me.

Amen.

:amen: God loves you andwe at CAF love you Baptista. Do what you can, and don’t worry God knows what’s going on.

:grouphug:Thank you all so very much for your prayers! I almost didn’t come here today because I’m in alot of pain, but I’m glad I did. Your prayers are such a comfort. And you all know I do pray for you and your intentions.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer and petition our intentions on behalf of Peggy and her family, that you would grant your mercy, blessings, and a strong faith to all in accordance with your Holy and perfect will. Please help reduce the anxiety and worry in these lives, and help each one to feel the unconditional love you have for them. Please help each one connect their situation and actions of the day to the plan you have for their lives by helping them to listen to you through prayer and the example of others. Our friend Peggy has been suffering, and we ask for your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to be with her as she carries out her ministry to the family and takes care of her personal needs as well.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who is our Lord and Savior, yesterday, today, and for all eternity.

Amen.

I haven’t forgotton you Peggy. I say this prayer for your healing and your intentions…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Again, thank you all so much. I’m extremely worried about my son, and knowing prayers are being said for him here has comforted me.

Loving God,

Please bless and have special mercy on Peggy’s son, O Lord.

Amen.

Thank you all. Please, things are getting worse for my son’s situation. I beg prayers for him and his family. You are all in my prayers, but you all know that. This place is like a family.

Peggy those needs have lodged in my heart, and yes, prayers continue for you, and for your son…I’ve been there with my three sons, the awful grief you feel watching your son suffer regarding his marriage. In my prayers. I hope you’re getting enough sleep. It’s hard to sleep well when you’re paining over you child’s unhappiness no matter how old he is.

Jesus please have mercy, and please put into play all that is needful to save this marriage and to make it what it should be. Please give Peggy peace. This anxiety and anguish isn’t helpful to her compromised health.
Thank You for Your part in John’s recovery process.

Apostles, pray for our restoration and faith

Dear Apostles of Jesus, many of us experience crucifixion in our lives and in the lives of dear ones, as you did. Please pray for us and guide us, so that if loss and pain engulfs others’ lives or our own, we will continue to pray and evangelise.

You were His chosen companions. Your hearts were broken and your lives shattered by the terrible betrayal and death of your great hope Jesus. He had preached love and faith; He had preached the Kingdom to which He claimed all persons are called. Defeated and disgraced with no more honour than the vilest criminal, He was tortured, executed and buried.

His words and acts now meant nothing, as all of you—except John—scattered and hid to avoid a similar fate. Disillusioned, you wondered if the last few years were a shameful mistake. Were you betrayed by your discipleship to this condemned man?

Poor men, how could you reconcile the terrible events of this Passover with the Son of God, the Saviour whom you had believed Jesus to be! How could this disgrace, loss, and failure be the end to which He, and possibly yourselves, could be destined!

Peter, you, His appointed one, denied even an acquaintanceship with Him. How great your shock and your disillusionment when the full realisation of your perfidy assailed you!
Only John returned to stand beneath the cross with the grieving women. Beloved John! Shaking with grief and shock, you stood there, gutted by the unbelievable tragedy unfolding before you. Faith and love supported you, yet did you not experience the same terrible emptiness and loss as your fellow apostles and other disciples?

Dear Apostles, throughout the ages, countless individuals experience in some way the crucifixion of a loved one, or of themselves, and the consequent challenge to hope and faith. They may feel emptiness, or loss of zeal. They may lose all trust in the living, merciful God.

Pray for them, for us, that in such periods we may be faithful, regardless of broken heart and anguish of spirit. Pray that we may be restored to hope, to trust, to prayer, to active service of love in the Kingdom. Intercede for such resurrection in us. Implore the Holy Spirit to come and restore our spirits, making us true apostles of Jesus. Pray that we become evangelists, enabling the Spirit to draw others into the Kingdom of God.

Thank you, Apostles of Jesus, whose weaknesses mirror our weakness, and whose restored faith, zeal, and courage, inspire us. Pray for us who are your sisters and brothers throughout the ages. Share your blessings with us. Pray that we shall receive in fullness those precious gifts of His love that He longs for us to share and distribute.

Obtain that we honour and delight our God with all heart and strength. Then, when at last our souls rise to join yours, we shall enjoy eternity at your side, honouring and loving the great Son of God, whom we once betrayed out of our fear and selfishness. 1999

Suffering of loved ones

God, please alleviate the trials and sufferings of dear ones when we are unable to relieve their difficulties or when our efforts to assist prove unwise.

Continue to bless our loved ones if they abandon relationship with You or drift from the Church that Jesus instituted for our benefit and for worship of God. Bless their sorrowing parents, for we tried to teach and support them, and continue to pray for them.

We are grieved when their relationships and welfare are threatened. In this era, perhaps the most eroding factor in their lives and relationships is stress or addictions. Many issues assail them and they are required to work with extraordinary dedication to survive.

They may have little leisure to blossom into all they are created to be and to share.
Sometimes difficulties escalate even as we pray and hope. Our anxiety for loved ones sometimes seems unendurable, testing our trust in God. Please deepen our relationship with You in these trials of the heart.

God, in Your merciful love please carry our families through their labours, their leisure, their joys and trials. Let their relationships and lives flourish in love, faith, and peace. We consecrate our dear ones and ourselves to Your divine mercy, trusting You to work out their salvation. If they are unable to return to You sooner, let their final choice be for Your merciful love.

Thank You for Your care of them, even where it is not manifest. 1999

My heart just ached hearing your situation. I will include you in my prayers each day. I know some of what you are going through and it is a tough road. You are not alone.
Blessings to you my sister in Christ,
mlz

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.