For my anxiety, and those of others

I’d like to ask for prayers for my anxiety. Ever since I was around age 17 (I’m in my mid-twenties now), I’ve had terrible hypochondria (health anxiety - specifically, a fear that I have cancer or some other terrible disease). This occurred after a, by all accounts, young and inexperienced doctor examined me to make sure I was not losing weight for medical reasons, and thought he noticed swollen lymph nodes. Since that time, I have had numerous panic episodes that leave me with an almost unshakable sense that I have lymphoma, a kind of cancer - this is despite other doctors examining me since that time and noticing nothing unusual, etc.

Please pray that the Lord will provide me with guidance to carry this cross with more dignity and trust in Him. I find myself unable, many times, to trust in the Lord concerning all of this, and imagine myself dying soon and leaving my already tragedy-stricken family (other deaths have occurred recently, as well as cancer diagnoses, recoveries, etc. within my family) to grieve my premature death. Ask the Lord to heal both my body and mind.

Thank you all. My Catholic faith has been a great source of strength for me in all things, even this (though I fail often with this), as of late - I don’t know what I would do without my prayer life, the Mass, or the knowledge of the option of “offering it up” to the Lord for the relief of suffering and the reparation of sin.

Please also pray for all those of us who suffer from anxiety, health anxiety or otherwise.

Thank you very much, and may the Blessed Trinity Bless and Keep you all.

St. Dymphna, pray for us.

From someone who’s suffered from anxiety himself, you have my prayers.

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

I can relate to your feelings, as I suffer greatly from social anxiety and severe depression. It often seems that those who have never experienced the affliction have a difficult time understanding it. We must bear our cross with prayer and patience and realistically realize that death will be a blessed release from our pain when it comes (for others, as well as ourselves). We should always be prepared at all times without unwarranted fear or worry. Offer your suffering to Christ and He will provide the strength and grace you require.

I will keep you in my prayers. Dominus Vobiscum.

Try doing relaxation exercises because this helps me a great deal.

You are very enlightened! You are offering all your sufferings up for the souls that are in need, Christ said that where the master is there too will the servant be- He went the way of the cross and sometimes so must we, and you are fullfilling His will. In St. Matthew chapter 11 verses 28-30 speaks says, “Come to me all you who labor, and are burdened, and I will give you rest.take my yoke upon you , and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.” It is precisely people like you that hold the world up so that God’s mercy is shown. Thank you. We will pray for your peace and please continue to pray for us because your prayers are powerful before God, whom you have united yourself with. PAX

Praying hard.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you for the prayers for my foot surgery 244Rocket! May the Lord Keep You and His light shine upon you! Pax et Bonum

Lord, thank you for ridiculeddisply being a sister in Christ. She’s holy - she just has a thorn on her side which is her anxiety problem. Your grace is sufficent for her and she gets many graces through her Masses, daily prayer time, etc… She is doing everything right and even knows enough to offer her suffering up. I pray that she carries this cross patiently with total love and confidence in you - surrendered to your merciful love - and learns not to fear death. Lord, I know that in this life we will all have to suffer very much - there is no getting around it. May ridiculeddisply always remember your suffering and unite hers to yours and know that suffering and death is a part of life. Death is our entrance into heaven, in fact, if we die in the proper state. Her suffering will benefit her soul and so many souls redemptively when she patiently bears with her suffering and fear of death with love in her heart for you. May she be grateful that she can suffer for the redemption of souls. Some of the saints say that if we only knew the value of suffering, we’d all want to suffer more. May ridiculeddisply and all of us learn this valuable lesson from the saints and embrace suffering as coming from you for our sanctification and the salvation of souls. Amen.

…Amen.

It’s no fun to suffer from anxiety, and I’ll keep you in my prayers.
Lord please grant peace of heart and mind in all things, and especially regarding her health.

A Prayer for Peace of Mind
by Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini
Fortify me with the grace of Your Holy Spirit and give Your peace to my soul
that I may be free from all needless anxiety, solicitude and worry.
Help me to desire always that which is pleasing and
acceptable to You so that Your will may be my will.
Amen.

…Amen

Lord please grant peace of heart and mind in all things, and especially regarding her health.

Father in Jesus’ name please have mercy on this marriage, and comfor this suffering wife.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying daily to St. Dymphna.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.