For my aunt, my sister, and an unknown lady

My aunt is going another round of chemo and she’s a bit weary of it… she’s turning 75 next week and this is her third round. She has no kids, so my sisters and I take her to treatments, etc., when her home health aide cannot; she could use a prayer or two…

As could my sister, who, since my oldest sister is out of town until October, is sharing the support work with me. She and I work in the same stressful place, although she has a much more important job than I do. Getting time off is problematic for us both, though because of her position being absent impacts her workload even more than mine. She’s exhausted and frustrated.

Today I was at the doctor’s office with my aunt. Another (rather young) lady was finishing up her chemo and needed to use the restroom while all the nurses were busy, so she asked if I could help her there. I said sure – as I helped her up, I noticed she was so frail and light that I could have tucked her under my arm and carried her there. As she got to the bathroom, she became violently ill and asked me to get the nurse. I did, and she was sick for some time. When she finally came out she murmured thanks to me and went and lay down for awhile before she left. I know nothing about her, but I know she needs prayers.

Thank you!

Peace,
Francesca

Dear Francesca, God bless you and your sister abundantly for you care of your Aunt even though you both have much responsibility of your own.

Jesus please embrace and heal these two women who are going through chemo and suffering much. Please left Francesca’s Aunt’s spirit and alleviate the effects of her treament and that of the frail woman that Francesca helped and comforted.

“Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You; or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and make You welcome; naked and clothe You; sick or in prison and go to see You?” Jesus replies “I tell you solemnly, in so far as you did this to one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it to me.” “In so far as you neglected to do this to one of the least, you neglected to do it to me.” [Matthew 25:37-40, 45-46]

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Praying for your family and the lady who you helped. Bless you for caring for the sick and will remember them in my prayers…

Thank you. My sister and I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed with juggling the workplace and our aunt. Our oldest sister is not only a nurse but is semi-retired so when she’s around things calm down a lot!

I was a little surprised how easy it was to help this unknown woman – she was probably a little younger than I am, maybe in her mid-thirties. I’m usually very shy and not a natural when it comes to handling medical situations (unlike my sister!). But with the grace of God and maybe a little growing up :wink: , it was no problem. I just felt so bad for her, both for her frailty and by how miserable she clearly was.

Francesca

I will be praying for this lady, your sister, your aunt, and you.
God Bless You.

I will include the lady you helped, your sister, your aunt, and you in my intentions tonight when I say the Rosary.

May God bless all of you, and may God continue to work through you.

Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

+JMJTJ+

May God be with all these ladies on their ‘way of the cross’ to sustain and heal them.
And may God bless you for your charity!

All are in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying!

Still praying for you Francesca.

Praying for you ,your aunt, your sister and the poor lady that you helped.God bless all of you.
grandma glor

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.