for my aunt...

Her husband lives in a different country and can only come home once a year (because of work.) But she misses him a lot so she never does anything with her life. She just smokes all the time. It’s so sad and I know it’s killing her. She tried but she can’t or won’t give it up. And none of us can do anything to help her. And it has gone on for years. She is really in very bad health.

I love her, but I don’t even like to visit her because I can’t stand to watch her life just gradually wasting away. Even when we took her on holiday, it didn’t do any good. It’s repulsive to watch such a good life just completely wasted on smoking and misery and…nothingness. :frowning: I sort of know how she feels, because I’ve suffered from obsessiveness before and it was terrible. But this is a thousand times worse because she is obsessed wirtth missing her husband-a person she loves-and it is totally ongoing. So there’s nothing I can do except pray. (No point in talking to her.) I am really concerned, but I try not to think about her because I know I can’t help. And it’s really not fair, because she has loved me forever.

I think her baby died years ago, and she never really got over it. (I don’t know much about the baby. We never talk about her because it’s too sad. But maybe she can help if nobody else can?)

Thanks for your prayers. Peace and Happy Easter.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying for your Aunt

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Dear Lord please inspire LirMengRen’s aunt to find more meaning in her life, especially by choosing to do kind and helpful things for others.
and to substitute her smoking with something healthy and meaningful.
Help her to recover from her grief by giving joy to others.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Dear Lord, please let LirMengRen know that he/she can help his/her aunt best by praying for her soul daily and by being a friend to her as best as possible when in contact with her, as depressing as she may be to him/her. She must feel very, very terribly about being separated for the whole year from her spouse and she must feel lonely not having her child to love also. Please Lord, help her find meaning in You. Put someone in her life to attract her to prayer and draw her closer to You. May she begin to pray to You Lord and for the Blessed Mary’s intercesion, if she isn’t praying already. She sounds like she is in a bad rut. Help pick her up out of it by sending her family and friends who can somehow get through to her that You love her and want her to at least attend Mass on Sundays, daily if possible. May she begin to develop a deep prayer life/ life in the spirit by the promptings of Your Spirit operating on her soul, perhaps initiated by the prayers of LirMengRen. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Praying for your Aunt…

praying

***It’s always sad when we see a loved one…stuck. Stuck in depression and scared to move forward because of a past loss. I’m so sorry for your aunt, and I will be praying for her. ***

Please help Aunt to come out of her depression and seek to help others who also suffer loss and loneliness. Lord please heal her.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

For her healing and hope

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.