For my boyfriend--spiritual confusion

Hello all,

I haven’t posted in a while, but the last time I posted a prayer request, you were all so kind and instrumental with your prayers–I noticed a distinct improvement with the way my boyfriend is seeking God.

For background, he is a Catholic, born and raised, and is now questioning many things about the faith and the Catholic Church. I am so saddened by this, and want to provide him with Christ-like support through this hard time. Since about a month ago, your prayers have helped to make some significant improvements in our conversations about faith. He mentioned that he wants to read the Bible again to see it from “adult eyes”, and he hasn’t objected to me praying out loud for us, that we may continue to grow closer to God and God’s plan. He went to Church with me, and hasn’t objected to having any conversations about God and Jesus.

I feel like we still have a long way to go, in order to fully surrender to Christ as a couple. We have recently committed to no physical intimacy between us, as a means to grow closer to Christ. I am very hopeful that this step will help us to focus on a bigger version of God’s love. I ask for your prayers during this very fragile time. Please pray that we may remain strong, both physically and spiritually, and that God may bless this time of spiritual discovery for my boyfriend immensely, opening his heart to all the beautiful truths about the Christian faith. Please pray that we may grow closer to each other and to God. My heart longs for a relationship with him that has God at the center.

I am so grateful for this forum, and I remember all of you in my prayers, and feel so blessed that prayers are as powerful as they are.

In His love.

Be a good example. Good example is the best teacher :slight_smile:

Our Father…

I will pray for you and your boyfriend. I think abstinence is a very good idea, as you know. Our CCC tells us this.

Blessings,
Judi

Jesus, this person loves and worships You, please send Your divine Holy Spirit to her boyfriend so that he loves You and worships You as we all should, that you are the most wonderful, most holy, most positive force in all the lives of everyone who believes in you, without You, there is no life, there is no happiness,this sweet woman believes and trusts in you…help her boyfriend feel the same way… thank you, dear Jesus…Amen

Lord have mercy.

Lord, help this good couple grow closer to you and each other in a most perfect way. May they always be motivated by agape love and continue their search for truth together as a chaste couple. Lovegirl83 - praise God - has found you to be her everything and really loves her boyfriend also. Help lovegirl83’s boyfriend to always seek you with an open heart and a heart directed always toward truth and love. That way he will be sure eventually to find you and the Church to be his Father and Mother and will always be true to your commands and the commands of the Church out of love for you both. Protect this couple and make them grow in holiness together as a couple. May lovegirl83 be an instrument of conversion for her boyfriend and bring him back to having a perfect faith in you, Lord. Amen.

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate your help so much. I will keep you posted on how all this evolves. I pray that the Holy Spirit can continue to work on his heart and on me as a good example of Christ’s love.

I will pray for all of you as well! I am so grateful for your support!

Praying.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

You’re welcome and thank you for your prayers!:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.