For my call to missions

My brothers and sisters in Christ,

I hope this letter finds you very well! I have recently accepted the call to the missionary life. I began my training in Abbeville, LA at Family Missions Company on September 16, where I am studying and preparing my life for foreign missions. I have been so blessed by the people here and by our studies. They have been teaching us how to give talks, lead retreats, and evangelize with the poor, and many, many other things that will prepare me to lead people to Christ in my future mission post! I have been feeling the tug on my heart to follow this life for almost a year now. During my discernment I have found many reasons in my studies to reinforce my call to missions. In 1 Corinthians 9:16 it says “For if I preach the Gospel that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel.” Pope John Paul II in his encyclical letter Mission of the Redeemer speaks of how his contact with people that do not know Christ, has convicted him of the urgency of missionary activity! The time for missionary activity is upon us! Pope John Paul II then goes on to say “Those who are incorporated in the Catholic Church ought to sense their privilege and for that very reason their greater obligation of bearing witness to the faith and to the Christian life as a service to their brothers and sisters and as a fitting response to God. They should be ever mindful that ‘They owe their distinguished status not to their own merits but to Christ’s special grace; and if they fail to respond to this grace in thought, word and deed, not only will they not be saved, they will be judged more severely.’” This part of his encyclical particularly spoke to me. I grew up in a privileged family who taught me the Good News. That was a gift from God. Since God has given me such a wonderful gift, I feel the need to return this Grace He has given me. At this time, two thirds of the World does not know Jesus Christ! Five billion people have lived their entire lives never knowing God! Help me spread the Gospel that so many of his children who have not yet heard can hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ. Help me serve the poor and all their needs! 

I ask you to pray for me during this time; for that is something I need most of all. If you are feeling particularly convicted you could support me in my missions. As missionaries with Family Missions Company we are fully funded by the generosity of people such as yourself. Without you I am incapable of evangelizing and serving the poor in whatever country I am sent. I am sending you this letter in the hope that you will first pray for me, and then consider becoming a mission partner with me, through either a one-time gift or by pledging a monthly donation. The average expenses for the first year of missions is around $10,000. This money goes towards my training, airfare, language school, alms, living and ministry expenses. If you are interested in becoming a mission partner with me, you can donate directly to my mission fund in two ways: 1- Make a check out to Family Missions Company and in the memo write my name, or 2- donate online at [www.fmcmissions.com](www.fmcmissions.com), simply click on the missions button on the top of the screen, click “Meet our Missionaries” and there you will find my page!

Thank you so much for finding the time to read this letter!

May you always know God’s love,

Seth Heinen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.