For my career situation

Hi all,
I need prayers. I don’t understand what is happening to my career situation and affecting all my life all together.
I arrived to Canada in 2000 with my sister after my family was massacred in a civil war. I spent the next four years trying to upgrade my schooling and be able to work and contribute to society. In 2004 I graduated with a diploma in Telecom. At the end of the year, I found a job where I worked for two years. At the end of those two years, I realised that I was not applying what I had learned at college, in fact I had forgotten my materials. I had gotten this job which is well in my career field hoping that I will be able to practice what I have learned.

So at the end of the two years, I decided to go back to school to work for my degree. I am good at school, I had 76% GPA dispite studying while I was still depressed after the loss of my family and trying to make sense of life. When I realise that I am now loosing even what I had worked so hard for, I decided to take courses for my Bachelor degree. This program is part-time evening. So I am always on the look for a full-time day job in my field.

But I can’t seem to get it. I seem to be running in a closed circle of No job - No experience - No job. I don’t know how to break it. When I worked for those two years, I was hoping to have some experience but it went worse, I even forgot some of what I had learned. I dont’ want to end up in a similar situation.

However, This summer after finishing the last course I took, I accepted a job (not in my field) hoping that it will be temporal just for survival while I wait to get a real one. Havent’ find it yet. I am still on this job, this time not even practicing any thing related to my studies. In order not to loose my knowledge, I resolved to pick up my books and study in my free time.

When I get interviews, I am victim of no experience. And when the job does actually require as much experience as I have, then a look at my studies disqualifies me as overqualified. I don’t know what to do. I don’t lie. I don’t put intentionally all my ‘overqualification’ on my resume, but when asked during interview where I have been at this and that time, I don’t lie.

Now, I am looking at myself, working in a position as if I never went to college. I wonder if it mattered going to college. I am paying my student loan while the school is not being useful to me. I thought about making my own business, but I found myself with not enough practical experience. And this hurt me most because I have lots of great ideas. But I feel that no body wants my service.

I don’t know why God would give me great talents and gifts and somehow cut my legs, and arms, and shut my mouth because this is how I feel. Or may be this is partially what the Beast and its mark are about? you can’t get a job and survive in this capitalist society if you can’t be deshonest?..I am always on the tangent because of a low paycheque and lots of bills to pay. This is going beyond my understanding. Classmates I used to explain and tutor before midterms and for homeworks are buying houses, but i can barely pay rent for my appartment! Is this the price of being honest on resumes and interviews and all the way through? My friend blame this for racism, but I don’t like to be so fast in thinking that people are racists in keeping me away from good places or promotions. But I am starting to feel like it is possible specially in these hard economic hardships.

I am completely confused and get depressed over this. I am despairing over praying for this. I am loosing more and more courage in the novenas I have been praying. Please pray for my situation.

I understand what it is like to have financial dificulties and not to be able to buy a house. That is my situation also.
I ask Jesus to look mercifully upon you and your situation in these difficult economic times. I am sorry for the tragedies and hardships of your life, and ask Jesus to help you find a secure and satisfying life for yourself.
God grant you peace, Trishie

Praying for your situation.

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
–Philippians 4:19

Praying very hard for you to find success in your career!

Know this that if your honesty has not paid of in this life “Your cup will over flow in heaven” Rember that character and integrity outlast all.

My deepest prayers and sympathes go out you. I cannot even imagine the hardships you have gone through and how many difficult times you have gone through in your life.

I pray that the holy spirit give you confidence in your Job interveiws

I pray to mary that she grat you wisdom understanding and love for she is our most holy confidant,

Hail mary full og grace the lord is with thee blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb JEsus holy mar mnother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Hail MAry ull of grace the lord is with tthee blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the ruit of he wombn Jesus Holy Mary Motehr of God pray for us sinner now and at the horu of our death amen.

May God grant you the blessings you desever and worked for.

Jesus Mary and Jospeh pray for us.

Holy St.Anthony help our brother in need

Pope John paul the II your guidence is requested

Jesus Jesus Jesus help our brother in need

Sacred Heart of Jesus interced in our Brother’s life.

Oh most holy mother grant comfort.

All this I pray in the Lords name

Our Father who art in Heaven hallowed be thy name thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven give us this day our daily bread and foregive us our tesspasses as wer foregive those who tresspass against us and lead us not into ttemptation but deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I am new to forum, but I think many can sympathize and empathize with your situation. Mine is opposite. I have a job that is in my field and thank God for it, but the demands and time are beginning to affect my mental, spiritual, emotional and physical heath. I interview, but due to family situation, can’t relocate to find other job that would less stressful. Had interview today and hope it works out. Will rely on God.

Just said a prayer for you to our Holy Father and ask that provide you peace, contentment, and comfort.

Thank you everyone for your cares, confort, and prayers.
I need lots of spiritual energy, courage, and light. I need to know what to do and do it with faith. Please don’t give up and God bless you all.

Praying that God lift up the barriers from you getting fair employment and removing all predjudices against you.

Thank you!

My continued prays be with you.

Hail mary full of grace the lord is with thee blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is thr fruit of thy womb Jesus Holy Mary Mother of God Ppray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Still praying!

It can be incredibly frustrating finding work, but keep trying! You never know what could be just around the corner to make all this suffering worthwhile.

Praying for you and your intentions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.