For my dad

Please pray for the repose of the soul of Herbert Lindsay. My dad passed away this morning at 86. He was the strongest man I ever knew. He was my idol and will always be my hero. A devoted family man, he sometimes worked three jobs to put his children through catholic schools and college. He had little education and worked in a factory for 37 years. He taught himself to read but never could write or spell. Next year, his youngest granddaughter will enter Harvard Medical school with a full scholarship. A WWII vet who earned a bronze star, two purple hearts, fought at normandy, and the Ardennes. One of the last of the generation who changed the world. He continues to change the world through the legacy he built in his family. He was a man with true grit and I will miss him.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. Please accept my condolences.
Eternal rest grant unto Theresa’s father, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.
Amen.

Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat ei. Requiéscat in pace. Amen.

Dear Lord, look with favor on your servant’s family. Give them Your Grace,
and unending love. Give them hope through these difficult times.
Through Christ I pray. Amen.

Today, may he reside with Our Lord in paradise.

Lord we pray, do not look at the sins that this man may have committed in human weakness, but look at the fruit of his life’s works, a good family, a safer, more just world. You know the faith of this man’s heart. Please accept him into your kingdom with swiftness, love, and mercy.

May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace, especially Herbert L.

Theresa,
My most sincere condolences to you and family. Your father and family are in my prayers.
God Bless!
Lifelight

I will pray for your departed father…

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto Herbert, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Dear Theresa, I am so sorry about the loss of your beautiful father. May our Lord give you and yours His peace. Amen.

Joining you in prayer …

:gopray:

Our Father, who art in heaven
hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass
against us and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God ,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and will be forever, world without end.
Amen

Dear Theresa, your Dad sounds like an absolute treasure,and I understand something of your admiration and love as I feel like that about my Dad who died at 88 last year.I know that you will feel mixed sadness, and yet also joy because of the lovely spirit and example of your Dad.

Jesus please hear the prayers of this Dad, newly come to You, for his daughter, and for each member of his family

May he rest in peace and God comfort his loved ones.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.