For my elderly father to not do any unsafe things like go on the roof

There are always so many concerns with elder parents.
I would appreciate if anyone could please pray to God that my dad does not do anything potentially dangerous like go on the roof to try to fix his tv issue etc and that God will give him the knowledge and sense to not want to do these things and either wait till we are there to help or hire a young man instead to do it.

I am worried because my dad being a typical European man doesn’t take enough precautions or realize how quickly life can be taken even though one of my parents friends died by falling off the ladder.

Thank you in advance for any prayers.

2 Likes

608d4b5be6f49ca7221ba053fbfb373d--biblical-quotes-faith-quotes

Sending prayers of protection for your father and peace for you!

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

I pray that God protects your dad from harm. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

for your father

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us. Lord, hear my prayer for this persons intentions and have mercy on the whole world. (x10)

I did pray a decade of my daily Divine Mercy Chaplet for your intention.

Hail Mary for your father to stay safe.
Blessed Mother and St. Joseph please intercede for him, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

For your father to remain same and may his Guardian Angel watch over him.

Hail Mary,

Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen

It is very worrisome to be concerned about your parents. I will pray for peace of mind for you.

I have a lot of experience looking after elderly seniors, and I pray your father will be fine.

For elderly everywhere…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Fatima, AMEN!

Prayer to St. Anthony for Protection from Danger

O Holy St. Anthony, be our protector and defender.
Ask God to surround @Rozellelily’s elderly father
with the Holy Angels, so that he may emerge from
every danger in the fullness of health and well-being.
Through Christ Our Lord, amen.

Prayer for Peace of Mind

Fortify @Rozellelily with the grace of Your Holy
Spirit, and give Your peace to her soul that she
may be free from all needless anxiety, solicitude,
and worry. Help her to desire always that which is
pleasing and acceptable to You so that Your will
may be her will. Through Christ Our Lord, amen.

– St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

Thankyou very much to everyone for your prayers.
My dad left the hospital after having imaging and thankfully to God could walk so not paralysed but has strong shooting/stabbing nerve pain around the sacral/lumber spine area.
The doctor told him to purely rest for at least a week but my dad is not resting and decided to walk for 10 kilometres today and stress about his TV antenna issues etc.

I am afraid that something else could happen to him but we (sisters) don’t know how to say to my elderly parents about being careful,listening to what the doctor said,and that life can be taken very quickly without coming across as overbearing daughter/s or it being dismissed/laughed off/topic changed etc.

I feel like in the moment when something bad happens they get some “awareness” -ie:my mama cried in despair and my dad commented how being independent is the most important thing but then later they just go back to being too careless again and don’t realize that to keep independence and stay alive and not paralysed or dementia etc when elderly you have to look after your own health and choices.

Hail Mary,

Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.