For My Elderly Grandfather, Aunt Loretta, and Retired Missionary Priest Father Charles

My grandfather and his sister Loretta are both really feeling the weight of years these days and are tired, frail, and in pain.

Father Charles is also elderly and I know he has health issues … at least he sounded pretty lively still on the phone tonight, though less so than last time I saw him.

I spoke to my grandfather on the phone last night. You can tell he’s really suffering, although he tries to sound as cheerful as possible and doesn’t complain.

Grandpa has always been very close to both his sister Loretta and his cousin and best friend Father Charles. It’s always a special summer treat when Father Charles is given permission to visit his relatives in Buffalo, New York … especially before he was retired, he had to wait about three years in between visits since he was living as an SVD missionary in Ghana, Africa.

Sometimes they say that people hang on to life until a special event they’ve been waiting for occurs. This leaves me wondering how much longer these family members have … My grandfather especially, that I know of. (I get less news about Aunt Loretta than the other two.)

When I spoke to Grandpa and told him I was praying for him, he answered that he could really use prayers.

So please if you feel moved by this intention, pray for my grandfather, his dear sister Loretta, and Father Charles.

~~ the phoenix

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I will keep your grandfather, Loretta, and Father Charles in my prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I ask the heavenly Father please grant these caring prayers for you grandfather, you Aunt Loretta, and Father Charles.

Father please complete in these faithful ones whatever You still desire to be completed in their lives. Please give them ease and interests while they are waiting for Your call home. May they continue to inspire others.
I make this prayer in the name of Jesus.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the
hour of our death.
AMEN

Prayers for your loved ones. May God give them strength and mercy for their sufferings. Blessings to you as well for your love and concern.

Praying for each of them.

Praying very hard for your intention!

Phoenix I am praying for your Grandpa, Aunt Loretta, and Father Charles. I hope that they will continue to live in the grace of God however much longer they are with us, and that the live in the hope of God’s light in heaven where, God willing, they will be together again and have much love and happiness together!
:heaven: :heaven: :heaven:

Thank you so much for the kindness of your prayers …

Gail OCDS, lisa238, Trishie, betra2000, SORROWS, pyropam, 244 Rocket, and dret: :slight_smile:

Please know that you are also in my prayers. I will write down each of your names on a list to take with me when I visit the Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel.

:blessyou:

~~ the phoenix

I will keep all of your intentions in my prayers also, with the intercession of our Dear Blessed Mother. When is the last time any of them received the Annointing of the Sick? Jesus will help them through their sufferings. (Not saying you or they don’t know this, just a reminder is all.)

That’s very kind of you Phoenix, Thank you! I’m remembering you and your family/friends in my intentions.

phoenix:

I am praying for these very special people in your life. I will keep them in my rosaries, and you, dear friend!

God bless us all.

prayers promised

closed #15

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.