For my ex-girlfriend

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for your prayers for my ex-girlfriend. She has always been the most remarkable person that I know…deeply compassionate and an extraordinary intellect that is always in search of the truth rather than her own glory. We were best friends for years before we were together as a couple because we both live life very intensely, full of yearning to discover the meaning of existence. She is unlike anyone I’ve ever met, and is perhaps the only person who I’ve felt really understood me, and she was instrumental in my becoming Catholic because by the example of her life she showed me that the faith I had long rejected in my childhood could in fact be a source of wonder, wisdom, and truth, and wasn’t just a bag of superstitions like I’d thought it was.
Sadly, since breaking up we haven’t talked much…but last night I talked to her for an hour, and although it was a peaceful conversation, something about her has changed, a lot. I know I have no right to expect her to be the same person she was when she was with me…she needs to be free. But she has come to a point in her life where she is really disdainful of the Church…she mocks it frequently and has a flip attitude toward things…she doesn’t consider herself Catholic and doesn’t even seem to believe in truth anymore. I don’t want to be judgmental, but she is also keeping sort of strange, negative company…and there is an edge to her voice when she talks about other people, a certain cynicism, that I have never heard there before. I am sure she has good reasons for going in the direction she is going in and I don’t want to judge her intentions…but I still care for her, and all of this sort of breaks my heart…
Also, this is difficult for me personally, because I trust her judgment so much…I have relied spiritually on her solidarity at so many times when I have struggled with my faith. The fact that she has “grown out of” religion (in her view) makes me feel sort of stupid and naive for still belonging to the Church…
If you could pray for each of us individually to grow in God’s truth, I would be deeply appreciative.
May God bless all of you, in your joys and in your sorrows, this Easter.

Christ is risen…
+AMDG+

Prayers for both of you.

Praying that your ex gf will come back to a full relationship with Christ…It’s very thoughtful for you to ask us to pray for her…God bless.

God Bless you too… Praying for you and your Ex…Peace of Christ…

Praying for each of you

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, it is so difficult for us to see our loved ones and friends leave Your Love and Your Church behind. End this person’s cynicism, Lord, that she may once again know Your Peace and Truth. Console this man, and remind him that while she may have been a tool of Your Grace in bringing him to Your Church, You are the primary actor in his conversion, and not his ex-girlfriend. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Praying for both of you.

Remember that the other apostles didn’t know who and what Jesus was refering to at the last supper when He dismissed Judas, Judas was leaving to sell him and his whereabouts for thirty pieces of silver, but they thought he was just leaving to give something to the poor of to buy something for the festival.

Can you imagine their shock and sense of betrayal when they found he’d sold out Jesus after all He’s done and after all the period of close friendship! I think you can. But the other apostles didn’t give up…or at least for long. They remained faithful and gave their lives to Jesus and the Church.
I pray that you will find the courage to continue as they did despite their friend’s terrible betrayal of Jesus.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Apostles, pray for our restoration and faith

Dear Apostles of Jesus, many of us experience crucifixion in our lives and in the lives of dear ones, as you did. Please pray for us and guide us, so that if loss and pain engulfs others’ lives or our own, we will continue to pray and evangelise.

You were His chosen companions. Your hearts were broken and your lives shattered by the terrible betrayal and death of your great hope Jesus. He had preached love and faith; He had preached the Kingdom to which He claimed all persons are called. Defeated and disgraced with no more honour than the vilest criminal, He was tortured, executed and buried.

His words and acts now meant nothing, as all of you—except John—scattered and hid to avoid a similar fate. Disillusioned, you wondered if the last few years were a shameful mistake. Were you betrayed by your discipleship to this condemned man?

Poor men, how could you reconcile the terrible events of this Passover with the Son of God, the Saviour whom you had believed Jesus to be! How could this disgrace, loss, and failure be the end to which He, and possibly yourselves, could be destined!

Peter, you, His appointed one, denied even an acquaintanceship with Him. How great your shock and your disillusionment when the full realisation of your perfidy assailed you!

Only John returned to stand beneath the cross with the grieving women. Beloved John! Shaking with grief and shock, you stood there, gutted by the unbelievable tragedy unfolding before you. Faith and love supported you, yet did you not experience the same terrible emptiness and loss as your fellow apostles and other disciples?

Dear Apostles, throughout the ages, countless individuals experience in some way the crucifixion of a loved one, or of themselves, and the consequent challenge to hope and faith. They may feel emptiness, or loss of zeal. They may lose all trust in the living, merciful God.

Pray for them, for us, that in such periods we may be faithful, regardless of broken heart and anguish of spirit. Pray that we may be restored to hope, to trust, to prayer, to active service of love in the Kingdom. Intercede for such resurrection in us. Implore the Holy Spirit to come and restore our spirits, making us true apostles of Jesus. Pray that we become evangelists, enabling the Spirit to draw others into the Kingdom of God.

Thank you, Apostles of Jesus, whose weaknesses mirror our weakness, and whose restored faith, zeal, and courage, inspire us. Pray for us who are your sisters and brothers throughout the ages. Share your blessings with us. Pray that we shall receive in fullness those precious gifts of His love that He longs for us to share and distribute.

Obtain that we honour and delight our God with all heart and strength. Then, when at last our souls rise to join yours, we shall enjoy eternity at your side, honouring and loving the great Son of God, whom we once betrayed out of our fear and selfishness. 1999

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for both of you

Holding you both in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day
Our Daily bread
And forgive us our tresspasses
As we forgive those
Who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But Deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father
And to the Son
And to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the begining
Is now
And Ever shall be
A world without end
Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.

Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

For you
and for your ex-girlfriend

Thy Kingdom come.

Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.