For my ex-husband's conversion

In his teen years, my ex-husband, Georg, loved Our Lord with all his heart and was striving to deepen his relationship with Christ. But by the time he entered college, he had completely given up on faith in God.

We met in middle school. We both left the Church at some point. We married in our mid 30s, had a son, and divorced around his 3rd birthday, just a couple months after I returned to the Church. I have a decree of nullity for our marriage, but now that I understand more fully the purpose of marriage, I am committed to Georg’s sanctification through prayer and sacrifice.

Our son is being raised Catholic and attending Catholic school – my ex allowed me to have him baptized when he was three and a half – so long as I pay tuition.Our son is now eight.

PLEASE join me in praying for Georg’s conversion.

Thanks, and God bless you.

Gertie

Dear Bessed Mother of God, dear Mary the Mother of us all please pray for the conversion of the soul of Georg we pray, amen.

mlz

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for him!

Hail, Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Lord
Thank you for giving Gertie and her son the gift of faith. My their love for You help to inspire the conversion of Georg. May he be drawn back to You who are ever ready to welcome us home and find the warmth and refuge that only you can provide. Lord, it would be so special if they might attend a mass together as a family some day. I place my trust in your love. Amen.

Saint Joseph, patron saint of fathers, please pray with me for this father that he shalll come to know and love your son. Amen.

The memorare…

I know of some who pray this for each of their brethren, especially the one in most need, daily…

Amen.

Mother Mary, I recommend Georg to you. Please intercede for him and obtain from our Lord the conversion of his heart. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Praying…

Thank you for the prayers. Please keep them coming :thumbsup:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, My mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petition, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Dear Mother, please take Georg to your beautiful Son. May God make him a Saint!

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I fly, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petition, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Special prayers for you continuing, Gertabelle:

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

lolhttp://www.50centloseweight.com

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, My mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petition, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Amen.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my intentions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Amen.

I’m sending prayers to St. Monica to you…for she prayed fervently not just for St. Augustin, but her husband as well (who did eventually become Christian!)

Dear St. Monica,
troubled wife and mother,
many sorrows pierced your heart during your lifetime.
Yet, you never despaired or lost faith.
With confidence, persistence, and profound faith,
you prayed daily for the conversion
of your beloved husband, Patricius,
and your beloved son, Augustine;
your prayers were answered.
Grant me that same fortitude, patience,
and trust in the Lord.
Intercede for me, dear St. Monica,
that God may favorably hear my plea
and grant me the grace to accept His Will in all things,
through Jesus Christ, our Lord,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever.

Amen.

Praying for you and all of your intentions.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thank you, MariaCamille, for the beautiful prayer to St. Monica! I will recite it daily.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my intentions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Amen.

You’re most welcome! My husband is also not Catholic…he was never actually baptized. I pray daily for his own conversion…and I can only hope that I set a good example for him.

O glorious patriarch St. Joseph, who merited to be called "just’ by the Holy Ghost, I urgently recommend to the soul of (Name), which Jesus redeemed at the price of His Precious Blood.

Thou knowest how deplorable is the state and how unhappy the life of those who have banished this loving Savior from their hearts, and how greatly they are exposed to the danger of losing Him eternally. Permit not, I beseech thee, that a soul so dear to me should continue any longer in its evil ways; preserve it from the danger that threatens it; touch the heart of the prodigal child and conduct him back to the bosom of the fondest of fathers. Abandon him not, I implore thee, till thou hast opened to him the gates of the Heavenly city, where he will praise and bless thee throughout eternity for the happiness which he will owe to thy powerful intercession. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.