For my family

I’m a somewhat regular poster around here, but this is an alt identity. Either way, my username says it all. I’d be LostWithoutHer.

My wife of 7 1/2 years, and mother of my 2 children 6 &3, has found herself in a bad situation. I found out that she had been lying to me and seeing another man. I confronted her about it, and she’s really confused, and says she doesn’t know what she wants. She says she wants “space” right now to figure things out.

I had it all, or so I thought. A beautiful wife, 2 great kids, a home that was TRULY a family home. We sat down to dinner as a family EVERY NIGHT. I have given every minute of my life for the past 7 1/2 years to my family. My family IS my identity.

Now, it’s all been pulled out from under me. I haven’t been able to sleep tonight. I hope I can tomorrow.

I told her that when she comes back, I WILL forgive her. And, she knows this to be true. She knows me as well as anyone has ever known me. She knows I’m honest and faithful to my own detriment. People “get over” on me all the time. I never exected it to be her.

I don’t want her to leave. I want my family. I’m willing to forgive “seventy times seven”.

Please. Pray for my family, so that it may remain intact. For our children most of all. I can’t bear the thought of coming home from work and not hearing “DADDY!” Some days, that’s all that gets me through is knowing that they’re home to greet me.

Please. I need all the praryers I can get right now. I’ve never felt so broken in all my life.

Hello, :tiphat:

I’m sorry that you are going through a tough time. I will pray for you and your family.:gopray2: I hope that you’re family keeps intact. I will also prat for your strength because it seems that you really need it now.

God Bless,

Gladys

I will pray without ceasing! I do not pretend to know what you are going through, but I know I am considering popping the question to my girlfriend, and I pray that everything turns out well with you, and us.

Will pray for you, your wife and children at this difficult time. I hope you can both work out your problems and keep your family together and happy.

I will praying hard for you. My the Lord give you strength at this difficult time. I:crossrc: hope that your situation will change for the better.

Thank you all, it’s very hard right now. I don’t know what I’m going to do. She says she still has “loose ends” to tie up on the other end, but doesn’t know if she can face me every day.

Well, I cried my way through a rosary at the Eucharistic Chapel at our parish today.

Later, we talked some more, and there are still things that need worked out. I think she knows what’s “right”, and wants to do it, but is having a hard time letting go. I’ve been trying to let her know that I love more than just the things she does, and who she IS, that I love the things God wants her to be, and all that she can be.

I was in the situation your wife was in at one time. She has to learn like I did that what is at home is what she wants. I feel very blessed that my husband had the good sense to wait for me to wise up. It was very hard on him, and he and his priest had many heart to hearts. I will pray for both of you. I hope it doesn’t take her long to get it together.:smiley:

I am so sorry you are going through this you are in my prayers!

I am so sorry this is happening to your family. I will pray that the
Lord will heal you, your wife and your kids. Try to take care of
yourself during this time and continue your prayers. I know that
it will help your children not to see your distress, though they will
know that you are sad and that’s okay.
I went through a terrible time ( but it was my husband, not me who
left) and once when I had picked a passage in the bible randomly
(I had a very hard time being orderly or thinking straight at that time) I read Haggai 2:3-9 "Who is’ left among you that saw this house in its former glory? And how do you see it now? Does it not
seem like nothing in your eyes? But now take courage, Zerubbabel, says the Lord, and take courage, all you people of the
land says the Lord, and work! For I am with you, says the Lord of hosts. This is the pact that I made with you when you came out of Egypt, and my spirit continues in your midst; do not fear! For thus say the Lord of hosts. One moment yet, a little while, and
I will shake all the nations, and the treasures of all the nations will come in, And I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of hosts. Mine is the silver and mine the gold says the Lord of hosts.
Greater will be the future glory of this house than the former, says
the Lord of hosts; And in this place I will give you peace say the
Lord of hosts."
Sorry I left out a section of v-4. It did give me a lot of peace and since I had kids to take care of and I also had to go to work,
it was a blessing because it allowed me to sleep. I prayed, yes,
but I think that was when I realized I had to "Let go, and let God"
Again, I will pray for all of you. I felt that prayers of my friends and
family were a great source of strength, I hope you feel that, too.

Praying.

You have my prayers as well.I hope things improve very soon.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I will keep praying for your wife as well.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

I empathize with you and I will say special prayers for you and your family. Don’t hesitate to let us all know when you want more prayers.

Prayers for you and your family at this difficult time.

May the Holy Family give grace to you and yours and help show her back to those who miss her.

Praying (through tears)

Yeah, it’s me, the OP. I’m such a bonehead, I forgot that login information, and can’t figure out which email account I used.

So, just an update here.

So, far we seem to be doing OK. It kind of scares me that I’m so OK with this, when I know I’m really not. I’m trying to figure out how to ask the questions I want answered, but I’m not sure I want to hear the answers. I don’t think there will be any split other than in my trust. I’m probably trusting her too much, but I just don’t know any other way to be. I told her I’d forgive her, but forgetting is going to take a long while. I’m still pretty sad inside, but I’m trying. I did talk to a priest, but I haven’t told her, because when I brought up the subject of talking to a 3rd party, she said she didn’t want to do that right now. She still doesn’t want to talk much about it right now. I, on the other hand, all I want to do is talk, and I keep telling her that I love her. I’ve poured my heart out, but I think she’s got some things to sort out yet…what they are, I don’t know. I hope I do in time.

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts, and their prayers. Please keep praying for me…I still need it.

Please keep praying for me…I still need it.

Praying here…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.