For my familys conversion to the Catholic Church

My mom believes in God and is a Christian, but just ismt religous, a while back she said she was thinking of becoming a Catholic, but she feared the annulment process and dropped it. My dad is a preacher in a protestamt church and many people in his side of the famil are Oneness Pentecostal or something else. My stepdad doesnt know much about Christianity and just kinda does what my mom does. My grandma is a very religous Protestant (pentecostal) and has an interest in the Church, but keeps telling me "there is good and bad in all of it --referring to Catholicism and Protestantism. And says as long as you live God it doesnt matter. She didnt have a great reaction to me becoming Catholic. My sister WAS going to become Catholic, but I think she might back out. :frowning:

I thought you all might want a little background :smiley: so yes please pray for my family. I would love love love to see them become Catholics!! :smiley: thank u and sorry for any spelling errors im on a phone

Prayers for your family said.

Why is your sister reluctant do you think? Is it family related?
Mary.

A Prayer for Conversions

O Blessed Apostle, St. Paul, greatest of all converts, who labored unceasingly for the conversion of other souls, inspire me with the ardor of your zeal that I may pray and work for the conversion of my brethren, redeemed in the Blood of Christ but not as yet blessed with the full light of His Truth. Mindful of the loving concern of the Divine Shepherd for the salvation of the “other sheep that are not of this fold,” I now beg your intercession to obtain the grace of conversion for those who are in need, in particular, those in Maegan’s family. May God, the Holy Spirit from Whom alone this gift can come, hear my humble prayer and thus enable me to share with others the riches of my heritage of faith through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

Well she doesnt seem near as interested in Church at all. Shes only 10 though so i got to cuy her some slack
But when i became Catholic she decided she would. My mom gave her permission becuase she decided it would be good for her to grow up Catholic. And she was just gonna meet with my RCIA teachers and learm and i was gonna teach her myself. I was going to Church all alone (my parents just drop me off) and she started going with me. It was all good. And she started saying the Rosary everynight without even being told to. She just asked my mom to buy her some Rosary beads. But then she kinda stopped giing to Mass as often. And then not saying the Rosary and shes kinda taking on my grandmas attitude.of “love Jesus and youll be fine” attitude. And not asking questions.like she was…but i really want her to be a Catholic (shes not baptizedor anything yet and i wasmt until the Easter Vigil we just had in March) so i just really hope she goes with being Catholic. I talked to my mom a little (my family goes to a extremely small Assembly of God church) and she said “i dont think she knows where she wants to go to Church yet” so its a little frustrating and i just really dont want her hearing anything from my grandma because my grandma is still under rhe impression that Jesus us literally present in the Assembly of God communion they take once a year. I dont want my sister thinking that…but i guess she is young and just needs to learn. Sorry for the loong rant!!! Thanks for all your.prayers!! (For this and.other things)

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Praying for your family’s conversion to the Faith. You could also place Green Scapulars among their belongings and pray the daily prayer. I have placed scapulars under the beds of two of my family members, and praying the prayer everyday.

Thats a great idea!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.