For my father to accept my Miraculous Medal and come back to mass

My father, a faithful Catholic up until recently, has been putting a lot of pressure on the family, because he places hanging out with his friends and scuba diving above his family.

He needs our prayers now more than ever! Today he flat-out denied my mother’s emotional request to come back to mass with us. I am (hopefully) going to get a Miraculous Medal blessed tomorrow and will give it to him to put in his wallet, on the excuse that, I’m afraid for you because all you see is sharks underwater (they’ve even stolen fish from his hands! And he has to stab the sharks to make them go away.) and it’s really dangerous and Our Lady can help you. (for my own consolation) He really must accept this! I’ve read a lot of amazing conversions being done with the help our Our Mother. Our prayers have already been working slow but steady wonders.

He’s been off on exotic dive trips while we eat every scrap of leftovers at home, and tell him to come home but he doesn’t want to. It got to the point that my mother had to say, come home now or don’t come at all. Then we prayed and she reconsidered, because we were all afraid that he would again choose diving over us.

His excuse for not going to mass is (as he’s told my mother): that he’s gotten really close to the priest and seen more of the inner workings of the parish and didn’t like it. He’s actually spread lies around our house getting us to think less highly of our dear priest.

He needs our help so much! May God bless everybody who helps my father!!! Thank you sooo much! (His name is Dave)

ljubim,

Your father and family are in my prayers!

:signofcross:

Many Blessings,
M

I’m praying for all of you.

ljubim, I will offer my Rosary tomorrow to our Blessed Mother to ask her dear Son, Our Lord, to enlighten your father and bring him back to the church and to his family.:gopray2:

:blessyou:

Lord if ljubim’s father has become in some way ill, please bring this to light and draw him to the help he needs.
Good luck with the miraculous medal but I think you’d have better luck putting it in some secret place amongst his belongings than getting him to take it in his present frame of mind. I hope you won’t be offended if he refuses it but that’s quite possible.

I ask You Lord to deepen ljubim’s faith from the superficial level of basing it on the weaknesses or strengths of those around him in the parish, but upon a deep spiritual basis of relationship with You and genuine charity for others especially in his family but also in the parish community. His decision is indicative of a pre-existing lack of deep faith and spirituality and of religosity rather than true faith. Please grant him graces for a new beginning of genuine faith and genuine Christian charity.

Please console and strengthen his family in their distress andgive them the graces to understand, and to pray faithfully for this man who should be their support and companion.
Please guide his wife and children to the wisest and most charitable choices and responses rearding him, each other, and their family…in the end he has free will and is resonsible for his choices, and they for theirs.

Lord please have mercy on ljubim’s family

For a desire in your father to return to the Church…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for ljubim’s father. Drive the insecurities and denial out of him. Amen

Lord, I pray that Dave will come to see how he is neglecting his family and his spiritual life because of scuba diving and his not liking his parish and priest. I pray that he and his family can go to another parish where they can worship you as a family and grow together in faith without Dave feeing irritated or having any reason not to worship you. I pray for Dave’s conversion and that his family perseveres with faith in you and total abandonment to your merciful love. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Well, here’s a slight update. We have a celebration at our parish this weekend, and my mom has told him that it starts at 9 (the mass), not ten (the luncheon). So with hope we’ll trick him into going to mass!

More of an update… I just had a confrontation with him about this because he refuses to pray the rosary as a family because my grandfather’s in the hospital and could die. And he still won’t pray with us. It’s worse than we thought:( He said the moment he’d touch a Rosary he’d catch on fire, and that he’s going to hell anyway. I said, my picture of heaven has you in it, and that the only sadness in heaven is for sin and that there’s people missing. Then he said that I shouldn’t play around with the rosary and that it’s against the catechism. And I told him that it’s just asking for intercession, same as if we were to pray to his mom. And he said, she’s probably in hell, and after that I started crying and had to leave. I came back in and showed him just where the rosary is in the catechism. :frowning: I had no idea it was this bad.

All of your prayers should help break through the cloud of demons that’s circling his heart right now. Thanks again. (And I am definitely going to hide the medal in his wallet after this.)

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen!

St Michael the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all his evil spirits, who prowl about the world, seeking the ruin of souls, Amen.

Praying for you and your family…

Prayed for your father and family…

God of goodness and mercy,
we commend to Thy all-powerful protection our home,
our family, and all that we possess.
Bless us all as Thou didst bless the Holy Family of Nazareth.

O Jesus, our most Holy Redeemer,
by the love which Thou didst become man in order to save us,
by the mercy through which that Thou didst die for us upon the Cross,
we entreat Thee to bless our home,
our family, our household.
Preserve us from all evil
and from the snares of men;
preserve us from lightning and hail and fire,
from flood and from rage of the elements;
preserve us from Thy wrath,
from all hatred and from the evil intentions of our enemies,
from plague, famine, and war.
Let not one of us die without the Holy Sacraments.
Bless us, that we may always openly confess our faith,
which is to sanctify us,
that we may never falter in our hope,
even amidst pain and affliction,
that we may ever grow in love for Thee
and in charity towards our neighbor.
O Jesus, bless us, protect us.

O Mary, Mother of grace and mercy,
bless us, protect us against the evil spirits;
lead us by the hand through this vale of tears;
reconcile us with thy Divine Son;
commend us to Him,
that we may be worthy of His promises.

St. Joseph, foster father of our Saviour,
guardian of His most holy Mother,
head of the Holy Family,
intercede for us,
bless and protect our home always.

St. Michael, defend us against all the wicked wiles of hell.

St. Gabriel, obtain for us that we may understand the Holy Will of God.

St. Raphael, preserve us from ill health and all danger to life.

Holy Guardian Angels, keep us day and night in the way to salvation.

Holy Patrons, pray for us before the Throne of God.

Bless this house, Thou, God our Father, Who didst create us;
Thou, Divine Son, Who didst suffer for us on the Cross;
Thou, Holy Spirit, Who didst sanctify us in Baptism.
May God, in His Three Divine Persons,
preserve our body, purify our soul,
direct our heart,
and lead us to life everlasting.

Glory be to the Father,
Glory be to the Son,
Glory to the Holy Ghost.

Amen.

He accepted it no problem!!! And it’s in his wallet, which he has with him at all times.

My mom and I began praying the novena of the Miraculous Medal last night. Mary’s intercession is really shining down on him now :slight_smile: Thanks again!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.