For my father

Hello everyone
I’ve posted before that my parents are going through a divorce. My Dad is having a very rough time of it. He feels as if he’s losing everything that he worked so hard for in his life. He’s losing his wife of 26 years and a lot of his life savings. He’s lost 10 lbs, he can’t sleep and he’s been crying. In all my life I’ve never seen him cry. I spoke to him on the weekend and told him that my sponser and I were praying for him. He told me that prayer doesn’t seem to be working. He says he needs extra super powered prayers. I said to myself, I know where I can find some of those! So please prayer warriors if you could send up some thoughts for my Dad it would really be appreciated!
God bless

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 19 (20)
Prayer for victory

May the Lord hear your prayer in the day of tribulation, may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from his holy place; from Sion, may he extend his protection.

May he remember every one of your sacrifices and find merit in your burnt-offerings.
May he deal with you as your heart desires and bring all your plans to fulfilment.

We will rejoice in your saving help, we will raise our banners in the name of God; may the Lord grant all your prayers.

Now I know that the Lord keeps his anointed one safe: in his sanctuary in heaven he hears his prayer, and lends the support of his strong right hand.

Some put their faith in chariots and some in horses, but we invoked the name of the Lord our God.
They stumbled and fell, but we rose and we stand upright.

Lord, keep the king safe, and hear our prayer whenever we call upon you.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

praying

Your poor dear Dad.
Father, in Jesus’ name please flood Your blessings and consolations on this good man.
Jesus please be with him.
Mother Mary please intercede for him and his family in all things

**[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ†

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

I didn’t know this tapioca…I’m so sorry to hear of this:( …I will keep your dad in my prayers…and your mom. (and you) This is a tough time, and your dad is blessed to have you watching over him.

Praying

Prayer to St. Joseph- O Blessed St. Joseph, loving father and faithful guardian of Jesus, and devoted spouse of the Mother of God, I beg you to offer God the Father his divine Son, bathed in blood on the Cross. Through the holy Name of Jesus obtain for us from the Father the favor we implore. Amen Praying for you and your family.

LORD Jesus
help Ur Children

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.