For My Father

Could someone please, PLEASE pray for my father? His name is John, he’s 70, in a few months he’ll be 71, a former marine, Veitnam Vet. He has extremely severe arthritis in his hip, I mean it’s really bad he can barely get around. He is always in pain, 24/7 unless he’s asleep. The doctor’s got him on morphine, 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 2 at night and even that doesn’t make him feel comfortable.

My mom says today he said a few suicidal sounding things, so I’m getting very worried. If there was just something out there to help, something! Do any of you know of any "miracle’ drugs?

P.S. please pray also for his Faith. he’s Catholic, and believes in God, but hasn’t been to Church or Confession in a long time, he also has a difficult time understanding many things in Christianity. But as a plus we talk about God everytime I visit, the conversations are awesome. I just pray he’ll seek God out all the more, and ask for forgivness. I think certain things that happened to him in the war still bother him.

In advance, thanks for all your help brothers and sisters.

I am so profoundly sorry to hear of your dad’s suffering :console: and I will offer prayers for him. I don’t know of any “miracle drugs”.

But I offer this prayer, for your dad… to Our Lady of Lourdes.

“O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, health of the sick, refuge of sinners, comforter of the afflicted, you know our wants, our troubles, our sufferings; look with mercy upon the father of “The Catholic”. By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favors; and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. We come, therefore, with complete confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain, O loving Mother, the granting of our request (the easing of pain, for this good man and his family). Through gratitude for your favors, we will endeavor to imitate your virtues, that we may one day share your glory. Amen”.

(source: 2heartsnetwork.org/Lourdes.htm )

Hope it helps. God bless you.

Thank you ever so much, you’ve made my eyes teary. :o

I am so sorry to hear of your Dad’s pain. I just went through an episode in my life where I had to see my Dad suffer and it is not an easy thing to do. My Dad had cancer and was on morphine, but in addition to his morphine that added loritab (I think that is the generic name). I know your Dad does not have cancer, but if the doctor’s know the morphine is not controlling the pain perhaps they can change his medication or add a medication.

I will pray for your Dad and I will also keep you in my prayers. Please pray for my daughter who is on a journey of faith. Please pray that she finds renewed faith in the Catholic Church.

Thank you. Your Dad will be in my prayers.

I’m praying for him and you all dear friend. God bless you all:thumbsup::slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.