For my friend Jill to have safe successful eye surgery (detached retina)

Dear Lord please grant Jill safe successful eye surgery for her detached retina. She is very worried please comfort her and bless her and guide her surgeon and doctors to give her the best treatment possible. Thank You Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I had this done last year. The surgery took about 2 hours for me. It was done as outpatient and I was awake the entire time.

Although it is hard not to worry about pain or other problems. My experience would be to compare this surgey to a root canal at the dentist office. Maybe even less so.

I never had a bit of pain before, during or after. The hardest part was to lay flat for 10 days after the surgery.

Praying to St Lucy for Jill.

ICXC NiKA

Prayers offered!

PRAYER IN HONOUR OF
SAINT LUCY

O God, our Creator and Redeemer,
Mercifully hear our prayers as we venerate Thy servant, St. Lucy,
for the light of faith Thou didst bestow upon her,
Thou wouldst vouchsafe to increase
and to preserve this same light in our souls,
that we may be able to avoid evil,
to do good and to abhor nothing
so much as the blindness
and the darkness of evil and of sin.

Relying on Thy goodness, O God,
we humbly ask Thee,
by the intercession of Thy servant,
St. Lucy that Thou wouldst give perfect vision to our eyes,
that they may serve for Thy greater honor and glory,
and for the salvation of our souls in this world,
that we may come to the enjoyment
of the unfailing light of the Lamb of God in paradise.

St. Lucy, virgin and martyr,
hear our prayer and obtain our petitions.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal Jill. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into Jill’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Praying to St. Lucy for Jill’s eye health & successful surgical outcome.

Praying…

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created, and You shall renew the face of the earth. St. Lucy, St. Raphael, pray for us. Amen.

Amen

Praying for your friend, Jill…
+
*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen*

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal Jill. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into Jill’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Saying prayers for Jill, that all may go well, and that peace may replace anxiety.

prayers for successful eye surgery for Jill…

Thankyou so much for sharing your experience with me,it gives me greater understanding.
I’m so pleased yours was safe and successful
God bless

THANKYOU everyone for all your prayers.
Jill has had her surgery and is now in recovery phase in hospital.
May God bless each of you

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may god rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.