For my grandfather who just passed away

Hi guys. I wanted to see if anyone could say a prayer for my Grandfather Chester who passed away today. I never met my other Grandfather because he died before I was born so this was the only Grandfather that I knew. He was a devout Catholic his whole life. Anyways I would appreciate any and all prayers for him. Thanks and God Bless.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. And may perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithfully departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

May the angels lead him into Paradise:
May the Martyrs receive him as he arrives and take him into the Holy city of Jerusalem.
May the choirs of Angels receive him.
and may he, with the once poor Lazarus, have eternal rest.

May God receive your grandfather into His Kingdom and may he watch over you and your family, and comfort you over your loss.

You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your beloved grandfather. I will remember to pray for the repose of his soul as one of my Evening Prayer and All Saints’ Day Mass intentions.

Eternal rest, grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the soul of this faithfully departed father and gradfather Chester, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

May your grandfather, Chester, meet Jesus face-to-face, and rest eternally in the Kingdom of God.

:slight_smile:

My prayers for the soul of your grandfather and for your family as well :gopray2:

Hey guys thanks for all your prayers. It was really helpful to have All saints day on Wed. and the opportunity to pray for all the souls in purgatory. I know I can do that at anytime but still it was nice.

I was unable to make it back home for the funeral (I am 1200 miles away) but my family said the service was beautiful.

thanks again

God Bless

Remembering your grandfather who died 5 years ago…

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Amen

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.