For my grandfather...

Hey all,

If you get a chance, please toss a few prayers in my grandfather’s direction. He’s on a ventilator in the hospital and not doing particularly well. No underlying disease really; just some heart problems that started in his teenage years catching up to him now that he’s almost 90.

Prayers for recovery and/or peace, calm, serenity and courage for him and for my parents/youngest brother and sister who are caring for him. Thanks everybody.

Praying that the Lord may strengthen your grandfather with all necessary graces. Also praying for your parents and brother and sister caring for him.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :gopray:

Praying hard.

Praying for him, and for you. :gopray:

Praying that the Lord will strengthen your grandfather…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Prayers said for your grandfather to improve enough to be removed soon from the ventilator. May he be given strength and courage during this time of illness.

I pray for blessings to be bestowed upon those caring for him. He is blessed to have such a family.

Mary.

Prayer to Saint Luke:

Most charming and saintly Physician, you were animated by the heavenly Spirit of love. In faithfully detailing the humanity of Jesus, you also showed his divinity and his genuine compassion for all human beings. Inspire our physicians with your professionalism and with the divine compassion for their patients. Enable them to cure the ills of both body and spirit that afflict so many in our day.

Amen.

Praying for your grandfather. May God richly bless you.

Praying for your grandfather’s health & recovery.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Thanks a bunch y’all. If there’s any change in his condition over the next days/weeks, for better or worse, I’ll be sure to let you know.

He’s a good man, a good Catholic. I’m not worried about his eternal fate at all. But I’m not him and dealing with one’s mortality can cause anyone great fear, great anxiety.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your Grandfather. Praying for your family and those who take care of him. God Bless

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. My grandfather was extubated today and it appears that an apnea problem that forced the intubation may have been a medication side effect, as opposed to the fallout of a stroke. That would be very good news indeed.

Obviously at nearly 90 he’s far from being in “good health” and still requires a feeding tube, but it looks like there is decent hope that will recover from this episode enough to get out of the hospital and live with some more modest assistance.

Again, thanks for the prayers and I hope you keep them up if you can spare a few moments.

Praying for your grandfather…

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hi all,

After a good few days, my grandfather (his name was Henry) had some down ones. And a pacemaker was not enough to stop his heart from failing. He moved on to the next life a couple hours ago.

If you can spare a minute, please pray for the repose of his soul. He was a good man, had plenty of people praying for him and had two of his five children next to him when he died. I have confidence that he will be with Christ, and my grandmother, very soon if he’s not there already.

And if he is there already, I’m sure he’d be more than happy to direct your prayers towards those who have no one to pray for them.

Thanks for all your support and God bless.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.