For my heater again

Please, prayer warriors. I’m on here briefly. I have been away from the computer because I am in alot of pain from the surgery to have the port inserted in my chest wall, along with the radiation where I must position my arms above my head. I am also exhausted just trying to do for myself and my cats.

Well, my dang-blasted heater decided to act up again tonight. Every now and then it will go off…pilot light and all. I had to remove the grate, not an easy feat when I’m not in such pain, and I cleaned all around AGAIN in case of dust or fur. I re lit the pilot, and then lit the heater element. So far…the element has gone off, but the pilot is staying on…so far. Please, I am begging God that this pilot light will stay on safely, and that the element will light and go off as it is supposed to on it’s own…again safely. It’s so sensitive. I wouldn’t care so much if it was last night, but tonight we’re supposed to get back down to freezing, and I have to be careful not to get sick. I’ve had two radiation treatments so far, and start a round of three chemo treatments Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I am so tired, and I need to sleep, yet I’m afraid this will go off again.

Please. I feel like such a whiner tonight, but I need to go back to bed, even if it’s just to lay there awake. I pray if I do sleep that God will wake me if the pilot goes out again.

Thank you, and I am praying for all of you, and including you when offering up my trials. God bless you all.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 121 (122)
Jerusalem, the holy city

They filled me with joy when they said, “We will go to the house of the Lord.”
Now our feet are standing within your gates, Jerusalem.

Jerusalem, built as a city, whole and self-contained:
there the tribes have gone up, the tribes of the Lord –
the witness of Israel, to praise the Lord’s name.
For there are the thrones of justice, the thrones of the house of David.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “Safety for those who care for you,
peace inside your walls, security within your ramparts!”

For my brethren and those near to me I will say “Peace be upon you.”
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will call blessings upon you.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Oh Baptista,

I will pray very hard for you right now! Lord, have mercy on our dear friend. Don’t let her heater fail her. She is going through so many trials now. You know her needs. Please grant her peace, comfort and warmth tonight and always. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

Judi

Jesus please be with Baptista in all her pain and difficulties.
Please grant her ease and peace.

Praying for you and the crosses you bearing…

Oh my! You are enduring so much. I feel for you. I have seen your beautiful posts and now I know why. Those who endure much, love much. You will be remembered by me.

Praying for your comfort and health…take care!

I will pray for you Baptista. May you be blessed with heat and a good night’s rest. May God’s Holy Angels come to your aid. Here is a prayer for you. it is one that is not commonly heard.It has never failed me. Have Faith when you say it.

O, Holy Angels, grant that I may be filled with the Presence of God on the Altar, as you are penetrated by it in Heaven.

kate

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.