For my heater to stay on

Please pray for my heater to stay on safely. I am so tired, but I need to stay up to make sure that it keeps working for awhile before I feel good enough to put the grate back on and try to sleep.

I have what I guess is called a gas space heater. It’s a newer one, and the pilot is very sensitive to heavy drafts. I can’t run the vacuum in that room when the heater is on, for example, as it will blow out the pilot and the heater will shut down. A good safety measure, but very annoying when it goes out because two cats run by like maniacs while I’m trying to sleep. :mad: The one good thing is the floors are wood in there…no carpet.

But every time this happens, I have to take the grate off, then use a screwdriver to remove the glass that is supposed to protect us and the flame. But somehow the drafts get over the top, where it is open. Then once I have it lit, I have to reverse the process. All bending over. My body isn’t in shape to be doing this sort of thing anymore. But living alone, I have no one else to do it. So please, I beg you to pray this heater will stop being temperamental. It will stay on for weeks, then go out.

Sorry for rambling and complaining here. I’m trying to keep warm and stay awake until I’m certain this thing is going to be okay…at least for now…before I put the grate back and go back to bed. I haven’t even been to sleep yet. Almost, but not quite.

God, I offer up my exhaustion and extra pain for all those here who need prayer tonight. Please shelter them in the protection of Your Arms and help everyone in his or her special need. Bless all the Prayer Warriors. We who are in need of special assistance in the form of prayer know we can count on them. Shower them with Your graces. Amen

I may have gotten to your post a little late, but I sure hope your heater stayed on! I shall pray that it!:smiley:

May God provide all that you need.
May his angels keep you warm.

Blessings

Dear Lord Jesus,

Please continue to make this heater work and keep the OP warm this winter.

Our Father …

Amen.

Praying!

Thank you for your prayers. It only worked for a few hours last night, and today was full of frustration, but I think I have it working again, and am praying it will continue on. Had the same problem last winter.

Please, God. Keep it working and safe for the rest of the winter.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.