For my Host Family

Last week they buried their maternal grandma, now their paternal grandpa may be on the verge of passing also. They’ve called their pastor, so it seems only a matter of time. I would like to ask those of you who read this to join with me in recommending him to St. Peregrine, Sts. Joachim and Anne, and of course the Blessed Mother that whatever happens may be easy on him, and that my host family and their relatives might find consolation and peace in the days and weeks to come. Thank you.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

To thee I have recourse, St. Joseph, Patron of the dying; and to thee, at whose blessed death watchfully assisted Jesus and Mary, by both these dearest pledges I earnestly recommend the soul of this servant in the sufferings of his last agony, that he may by your protection be delivered from the snares of the devil and from eternal death, and may merit to attain everlasting joy. Through Christ our Lord we pray.

Amen.

:signofcross:

Praying hard for them.

Praying for this family, that the Lord may grant eternal rest to grandma and that He may strengthen grandpa and his relatives.

Sts. Joachim and Anne, pray for us.
St. Peregrine, pray for us.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Prayed for your host family and asked St. Peregrine, St Joachim and St Anne to pray as well.

:gopray:

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell, satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

I just said a prayer for your host family. God bless you.

Dearest Jesus, who wept at the death of your friend
and taught that they who mourn shall be comforted,
grant them the comfort of your presence in their loss.
Send Your Holy Spirit to direct them
lest they make hasty or foolish decisions.
Send Your Spirit to give them courage
lest through fear they recoil from living.
Send Your Spirit to bring them your peace
lest bitterness, false guilt, or regret take root in their hearts.

The Lord has given.
The Lord has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Lord please surround and fill this family with courage, faith, and consolation.
Please also bless Andre in his compassion for this family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.