For my ill grandmother

I would like to request prayers for my grandma. Since she turned eighty in 2004, she has had very frail health. In 2002 she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and luckily was able to undergo a mastectomy without radiation or chemotherapy. It went downhill from there. In 2004, she complained of stomach pains and eventually her gallbladder was removed. She lost over 100 pounds and now is very weak. She doesn’t eat much and she takes a lot of prescriptions, so she often doesn’t feel well. She also worries herself about everything you could possibly imagine and magnifies every health concern to it’s worst possible scenario. It hasn’t helped any that my grandpa died a year and a half ago, and he was able to help her along and console her. Now, she is anemic and it has been determined that the blood loss is from something on her kidney. It could be a cyst or it could be more, we don’t know, but she is very upset about it.

If you all could pray that this new health crisis is really not one, and also for her increased strength mentally and physically, it would be MUCH appreciated.

I am touched by the strength of your grandmother.

Lord, let us all remain pious until the end of our days: please give us the strength to do your will so that we may be with you in heaven, but more importantly because you deserve to have your will done. Please make us instruments of faith, so that we may be humble servants in your name. We pray that we do not fall into temptation, and that all those who lack faith and hope may find it.

All glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be: world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dear Friend, it sounds like you and your family are having a difficult and troubled time, in seeing your grandmother so sad and sick.

I ask God to help her mental and physical health, which is probably compounded by grief from loss of your Grandpa.

I ask God to help your Grandma begin to focus less on worrying and more on positive thoughts and loving intentions for her loving, kind family.
Please put it into her poor heart to focus on gratitude and enjoyment of all the love of her family; and on any kindness or smiles she can give in little possible ways, and in praying for you all. In any case, may God accept her sufferings as prayer for you all, whether she is able to change her attitude to her life and situation or not.

May God comfort and help you and your family through this new issue. May God grant her “increased strength mentally and physically”

Best wishes and prayers, Trishie

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed are Thou among women and blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Father, heal this humble servant of yours.
Grant her peace and comfort as she ages.
Hold her and her family up as they spread
your word and obey your will. Send them
strenght through your angels.
AMEN

holding her and her entire family in prayer

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.