For my little boy & for me

Dear friends, my five year old son has just gone to theatre for an operation to correct a hernia. Please say a prayer for him, I’m sure you can empathise what a worrying time this is for any parent.

I have been asked to give a 40 minute Lenten reflection tomorrow night to the Deanery and I’m pretty nervous. Please pray that I might be a vessel of God’s Word to draw people to greater faith in Him.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Mark.

Praying for you and your son.

Mother Mary ask your son to protect this child and provide the gift of comfort and grace t his father let him be an inspiration for you, amen

For Mark & Son

Hail Mary Full of Grace
Blessed art though amongst women
And blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Prayer for us sinners, now and
at the hour of death.
Amen

Praying very hard for your precious son to have a successful operation and for the Holy Spirit to guide in your disertation.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying for your son and you.

Holding you both in my prayers :gopray2:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Dear Mark, still having poignant memories of when my eldest son at age 4 needed a hernia operation, ai feel for you.

I’ll be at Mass in two hours and I’ll pray for you and your child. I ask our Lord to be with your child and you and to take good care of your son. I ask Him to reassure him and his parents; to ensure that everything goes perfectly with the surgery, and that post-operative pain is minimized.

Your Lenten reflection…it’s obvious that others have confidence in you, to even ask you…and to do such a long reflection!

Our God, Mark is doing this for You and for people whom You love and wish to inspire and bless. He’s worked on what he will be presenting. He’s done the best he can, even with his son’s surgery on his mind, along with all else. But the real work is Yours…the inspiring and touching of hearts and minds. So now we trust to You to give life to what he has worked on and will present. Please help him to feel peaceful and confident that You will present all You wish to through Mark’s presentation. Thank You our God.

Be mindful of his little boy and of all his family’s needs always, dear God.

praying very hard

Still praying very hard!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.