For my marriage

My wife and I have been going through difficult times and are in need in prayer. She has fallen out of love with me and stays only until she falls back in love or gets the divorce. I am recently back to the church and am a changed man for it. Previous to me going back to the church I was a bad husband, father, and man. I want so much for us to stay together. I love her with all my heart. I pray daily and need others to pray for us for our marriage as well as our children.

Revert TSIEG

I totally recommend you watch the movie “Fireproof” And buy the book “Love Dare”. it saved my uncle and my aunt’s marriage and my mom and dad’s!!! :D:D:D:D Frequent the Sacraments and talk to priests!

Definitely give it a shot and keep me posted!

I’ll be praying for you and your wife.

Adi

Jesus I implore You to give this wife the faith and grace to allow her husband this second chance. Falling in or out of love only means attracted or not attracted. Only books, songs, and media give it more credibility and unfortunately people believe in it, instead of living gospel love in their lives.

Love isn’t just about feeling attracted, it’s about living the love and forgiveness that Jesus teaches in the gospel. In this case, it would be more realistic to say, your wife has lost trust in you, which is hurtful and undermining to a marriage…but I pray that she will decide for Christian love, that you both will live genuine gospel love, treating each other as caringly, forgivingly, honestly, faithfully, and generously as you wish to be treated.
God grant it will be so

We have… she is so closed off and thinks there is no hope! Sometimes I feel the same way. I have changed, but she does not believe it is a lasting change. I pray everyday for both her and I that God will help us to see the right path and make us both happy in our marriage.

Thanks for you prayers.

There is always hope! Jesus gave us hope, and I will pray that your wife will come to see that and feel it in her heart. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying…

Lord, please keep this couple together. Grant Revert TSIEG’s wife the willingness to trust in her husband again and the ability to know that he has changed deeply and will be a good father and husband from now on to the best of his ability. May this couple meet with a good, holy priest and discuss their situation so they can get a good third party involved to assure the wife that things can very well work out now that her husband is a practicing Catholic, devoted fully to Christ, and true to his vocation. Please Lord, give Revert TSIEG a second chance with his wife and inspire his wife to give him another chance. May Revert TSIEG trust in you totally and be completely surrendered to your merciful love. May he know how much you love him and want everything to be good for him in his life with his wife. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

I’m praying for you!

Father in Heaven,
You made me Your child
and called me to walk in the Light of Christ.
Free me from darkness
and keep me in the Light of Your Truth.
The Light of Jesus has scattered
the darkness of hatred and sin.
Called to that Light,
I ask for Your guidance.
Form my life in Your Truth,
my heart in Your Love.
Through the Holy Eucharist,
give me the power of Your Grace
that I may walk in the Light of Jesus
and serve Him faithfully.

Amen

Father in Heaven,
You made me Your child
and called me to walk in the Light of Christ.
Free me from darkness
and keep me in the Light of Your Truth.
The Light of Jesus has scattered
the darkness of hatred and sin.
Called to that Light,
I ask for Your guidance.
Form my life in Your Truth,
my heart in Your Love.
Through the Holy Eucharist,
give me the power of Your Grace
that I may walk in the Light of Jesus
and serve Him faithfully.

Amen

My wife says she is staying right now for several reasons. The reasons are the kids and she does not want to disappoint her parents. She has also told me she does believe that I am trying to change, but that she is waiting for my old self to show and get angry again. Something that God has given me the power to leave behind. She is a non-denominational Christian, and I am Catholic. Honestly, these points have not really had too much strain, she actually enjoys our parish priest. She will not go to a Catholic or Christian counselor, so I made an appt and she agreed to go with me to a regular counselor today. We are really not going for marital counseling, but for individual because of some other trauma in our lives. I hope that it will soon make it to marital

Please pray that this counselor is a man of faith who will steer us into reconciliation of our marriage and allows both of us to see that she really does love me.

Please pray for us. I love her so much and understand that I was not a good husband in the past.

Revert TSIEG

Wow. It sounds like your marriage is beginning to heal.
I’m going to say another prayer for you and your wife.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

We separated this past Saturday. I am destroyed. I can’t concentrate at work and I am upset all day. We have made a schedule for the kids, but I really don’t want this. My life is in shambles and all I want is my family back together. We are still going to go to counseling. She says she is going with an open mind, but honestly does not see how she could ever love me like her husband again. I hope counseling will allow her to see that I am a changed man and by the grace of God we can have a good marriage like He indended.

I don’t know what to do. I feel as though I am losing my mind along with my family.

Revert TSIEG

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

My dear brother,
This is a very, very difficult time for you. This pain you are experiencing is so very difficult to endure because you are helpless to do anything about it. The only peace you will find is in the word of God and through the sacraments. It is a spiritual warfare. Galatians 6:1 - memorize. She is overtaken in a fault right now because it is unacceptable for her to leave you and the family this way. This is something that must be worked through - that is God’s plan. You must suffer for a time. As the spiritual leader of your home, I would encourage you to speak out loud to the evil one and tell him that you have authority over your family through the power of the Lord Jesus Christ and command him to leave your family alone. Ask the Lord to open the eyes of your wife to see the truth of His will. Ask him to give her the spirit of wisdom and knowledge and understanding. Be very specific in your requests to the Lord as this time. Read the psalms that bring peace to your heart, and believe that God is for you. You will suffer for a time, but the Lord will teach you through this. You will be a better person in the end, but just know that you must be strong for now…and it is your faith in the Lord’s hand…working all things for good because you LOVE HIM. Talk to him about your children. He will comfort you and bring you peace. Do not let the evil one get the upper hand, but take your authority over him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. He must submit.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Grace and peace through our Lord Jesus,
Kristine

One more thing to add - I would suggest that you purchase a notebook to write down your prayers and also write letters to your wife and children to keep as personal reflections. Fill those pages up! Write down scriptures that speak to your heart. This is a very concrete way for you to be certain that you are reflecting Christ’s passion of suffering. It is all for the glory of God, my brother. It is all for the glory of God! Be strong in the name of the Lord, your shield and fortress. He will not leave you or forsake you, but at the proper season you will see everything in his light. Just be sure to stay on the narrow path. Do not move to the left or the right. He will light your way through his word that never fails. Step by step…in faith.
Kristine

I came to this conclusion last night… I cannot do anymore but pray for my wife and my family. She is blinded by her own distrust, selfish acts, and unwillness to try, even for our family and children. I makes me so sad, but I can do no more. I have been her doormat, something I will not be. I have given her everything and catered to her every need. No more. I need to do what is best for my children in spite of her unwillingness. I hope and pray that the Lord will allow her to see the light. I have been obsessing about trying to get her to say with me. Now it is time for me to allow God’s will to happen. He has a plan for this, I just hope her path is not so disruptive as to permenantly damage my kids.

Revert TSIEG

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.