For my mother...

who has lost interest in church. After I moved off to college 20 years ago, she has never gotten back into church. My parents moved away to another town and lost all desire to attend Mass or become active in any church. They may attend a few times a year- and that's normally when they visit my family. Always a heavy drinker, her alcoholism is becoming worse. They live about 5 hours away from me, so I can't be there often to check in.

So, I can use some prayers for her for many different reasons. Thank you and God Bless you all.

Praying that your mum will be freed from her addiction to alcohol and that she and your dad will return to the church.

Prayers are lifted up for your mother. May God bless and keep her, free her from her addictions and lead her back to the Church.

Merciful Lord, who prayed that there be one flock and one shepherd,
I ask the light of faith
for those who are related to me
and do not know You in Your Eucharistic Presence.
Give them the joy of Your protecting presence.
Bring them into the one fold
of which You are the master and Lord.
Forgive them their sins and teach them the way of repentance.
In the end bring them into the larger circle of Your family,
to God our Father,
to Mary our Mother,
and to You our beloved Brother.

Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Mother Mary, please make your intentions in this matter come true.

Hail Mary...

Amen.

Praying for your mother.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying hard for your mother.

Praying here also for your mother.

Thank you all so much. They are coming down to my town at the end of the month to see my wife and I have our marriage convalidated in the church on our 15th wedding anniversary. I'm hoping these prayers and her getting back into a Mass will change things. Love you all!

Praying for your parents.

Angels and Saints, please pray for omegapd and the conversion of his mother, especially Our Lady, St Monica, St Anne, St Francis of Assisi, St Augustine, and all those who know what's like to watch our loved ones lose their way.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Thank you all. The new plan is that my parents will be moving to my town at some point in the near future. This could possibly be the start of these prayers being answered. :thumbsup:

God Bless you all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.