For my mum

My mother has been under a lot of stress lately. First my nana (her mother-in-law) died (the two of them got on very well even though my parents split 8 years ago) now my granddad (he father) is dying of cancer and we’re having an ‘interesting’ time getting him the right care. Even though she’s the youngest of five children, ALL the responsibility of sorting this out has fallen to her. (Her eldest brother is in no way at fault, he has lukaemia.) Her doctors want her to undergo a hysterectomy. She’s almost got to the menopause (she turns 51 next month) but hasn’t quite started yet. She’s been haemorraging blood through the womb a lot lately and her health is really poor. I don’t quite know how to feel about the hysterectomy, but I don’t want her to suffer either. Please pray that, no matter what, she makes a recovery and feels better in herself. She is not Christian (she’s agnostic), but I think a prayer or two would do no harm.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us all our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory
for ever and ever.
Amen.

Lord, I pray for kleine_katerine’s mother. May your healing love surround her and fill her with a strong desire to come to know you, love you and serve you. Please heal her and heal her husband too. Bless them and make them holy.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary
that never was it known
that anyone who fled to thy protection
implored thy help
or sought thine intercession
was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence
I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins
our Mother.

To thee do we come
before thee we stand
sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate
despise not our petitions
but in thy mercy
hear and answer them. Amen.

kliene-katarine,

i guess you have some German background by your name? (meine mutti war Deutsch, Gott Sei Danke!)

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus !

mark

Lord I ask for Your loving care for kleine_katerine’s Mother and Granddad. I ask Your comfort and blessings for Granddad in this scary and significant part of his life. Please help kleine_katerine’s Mother to cope with the emotional distress and physical issues. * My own mother disregarded the doctor’s advice regarding the need for a hysterectomy and died within a few months leaving nine children ranging from four years old upwards. *
I ask the Lord your mother makes the right decision and that she ensures she avoids anaemia.
Lord please inspire the other siblings to give assistence to their unwell sister.

I ask Your help and blessing also for the uncle who has leukemia

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You, We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for Klein Katerine and her family. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Glory to God in the highest And peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever.
Amen.

Hail, Mary! Full of grace, The Lord is with thee;
Blessed are thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us

Praying hard for your mum.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.