For my neighbour who was murdered

My neighbour was mudered about a week ago. She was 34 years old and is a far as known at present likely to have been killed by an ex-boyfriend. The first I knew of this is when I came home and found the house surrounded by many police officers and the area taped off and was requested to provide details of who I was before entering my own home. We found out more details as time went on. In an odd twist of fate I found out she was nurse in the same hospice my own late mother was one in for much of her life. I had never really talked to my neighbour much and so had not known this. People have been leaving flowers as a mark of respect by my door (I live in an apartment block so they cannot leave them next to her home easily as it is the flat above) and it strikes me that it would be good as a mark of respect for a young woman who did not deserve to die in what appears to have been a very brutal fashion if I offered up a prayer for her soul. I hope others will aid me in doing so.

Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord,
the soul of Thy servant,
from every bond of sin,
that being raised in the glory of the resurrection,
She may be refreshed among the Saints and Elect.
Through Christ our Lord.

Poor woman!

Our Father…

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord…

Hail Mary…

Glory be…

Lord please grant eternal life to this lady who has been tragically murdered.Please comfort and ease the pain of those who love this lady.May the person who did this feel remorse and seek Your forgiveness.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Eternal life grant unto this lady O Lord
may perpetual light shine upon her
and may she rest in peace Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I will most definitely be praying for this woman’s soul. What a tragedy! :frowning:

Tragic. Sending up prayers…

How awful. Lord, please have mercy on this woman’s soul, when her life was taken away from her suddenly and in a brutal manner. Give comfort and peace to her family and friends and let them know that she is with You and at peace.

Mary, please pray for this woman who was murdered.

All saints who can intercede, we pray for your help!

Lord have mercy.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let Your perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

What a tragedy indeed! Prayers said for the repose of this poor woman’s soul, and for the deeply troubled and endangered soul that committed this crime.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen***

:crossrc:

Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord,
the soul of Thy servant,
from every bond of sin,
that being raised in the glory of the resurrection,
She may be refreshed among the Saints and Elect.
Through Christ our Lord

Praying for the repose of her soul.

Lord please grant eternal life to this lady who has been tragically murdered.Please comfort and ease the pain of those who love this lady.May the person who did this feel remorse and seek Your forgiveness.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I am saying many prayers for the repose of your poor neighbor’s soul.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.