For my parents - depression and quitting smoking

My parents are both remarried, so at least I thank God they are not going through these things together, I can’t even imagine how horrible the combination would be!!

Anyway -

Please pray for my dad - he is in a very deep state of depression right now, having retired recently, and some other things going on medically in his life right now. He is taking medication for the depression, and does not want to see me right now. It breaks my heart.

Please pray for my mom - she is having very serious bone surgery in her jaw today to re-do some work she had done a few weeks ago that has not taken and needs to be looked at and fixed. She has decided that today will be her smoking quit day. This is so huge for her you have no idea. She has never wanted to quit before, but has finally come to the point of feeling she needs to and is ready to do it. She is quitting cold turkey, and it’s going to be hell for her. On top of recovering from the surgery.

Anyway - thank you for your prayers. And please consider their respective spouses as well, they are having to face their own challenges through these days.

~Liza

My father is now in the hospital. He still won’t see me.

Please keep him and our family in your prayers.

~Liza

I am definitely praying for you father, that he realize the joy and importance of life and know that you love him very much. I pray for you mother that God bless her to be strong and stay true to her vow to quit smoking and that she has a speedy recovery

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.